x
Beta Member

Longtime outstanding invoice

Hey just wondered if anyone knew if there is a $ limit or # of transaction limit on invoices? I have a non payer who left me holding a large unpaid invoice for months i then incurred a decent amount of cost attempting to collect. He has agreed now to pay with card on file but you better believe I am charging up front for his appointment today. I need to run 3 fairly high dollar invoices within moments of each other. Am I going to have an issue? Anyones experiene on this is much appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

The only limit is on how much can be done in a transaction is $50,000 per transaction.  The only possible issue could be with their credit card issuing bank and having multiple in a row throw up a fraud flag.  But we have done 3 to one guy in a 2 minute period totaling over $20k without an issue.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5079-best-practices-for-accepting-card-payments

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

The only limit is on how much can be done in a transaction is $50,000 per transaction.  The only possible issue could be with their credit card issuing bank and having multiple in a row throw up a fraud flag.  But we have done 3 to one guy in a 2 minute period totaling over $20k without an issue.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5079-best-practices-for-accepting-card-payments

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Unless you are hitting the $50k limit mentioned above, you should be fine. We have a client run $13k on a credit card and it wasn't a problem. Just depends on their credit limit I believe. 

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks for feedback from all! Ran all outstanding invoices with no problemo. Was able to clear up over half of outstanding invoices I thought I was going to have to take as bad debt and even got him to prepay for his taxes as well as next step in biz plan and future expenses I will incur handling his account🤑 Thanks for giving me the confidence to go ahead and run all outstanding bills without worrying it would lock up and I would be back at no payment. Hope you guys had success in your ventures as well! Happy November andGood luck in any holiday prep that applies to your biz.

-LadyFoxtrot

Message 4 of 4