x

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

Beta Member

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

I'm a hairstylist and regularly 'power' or 'double' book my clients during haircolor services to maximize my schedule and earnings.  For example, I schedule my highlight & haircut service at 3 hours:  this gives me an hour to highlight, one hour for the client to process, and the last hour for the cut and blowdry.  During that hour of processing time, I schedule another client for a color and/or cut service.  Is this something that can be done with Square Appointments?  So far, it looks like if a client books me for a highlight & cut at noon, I'd be unavailible for any other bookings until 3pm...  I need to show availibity for a 1pm appt.

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Double Booking Appointments

Hi there @jjohnstone 👋

We introduced the processing time feature last year, which enables your clients to book appointments during your down time.

You can learn more about how this works here, but be sure to let me know if this isn't what you were looking for!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: How do I book clients in between processing time?

Kinda tricky.

The service duration + the block time for the service has to be less than the processing time. It gets complicated if both services have processing time. It has to puzzle together perfectly in order to work. 

It could also be be the calendar settings for when times can be booked. Typically we suggest setting the processing time to  According to service duration within Appts Dashboard > Settings > Calendar & Booing > Appointments are scheduled. 

@Hannahchristine

162 Comments
Admin

@JennaFW 

Great! I'll approve you now, and you'll get an email shortly with the specifics on the Beta. 😃

Admin
Status changed to: Need Beta Testers

@slucio, @cdswen, @allurehairandb, @ELYSIANHSV, @kinome, @Amyt123, @Modernmagnolia, @slucio, @adelfosse, @JoaquinJonathan, @hairbycoreyd @carl5280

Thank you so much for your patience as we tracked and built this feature. If you are interested in joining the Gap-Time Beta (processing time), go ahead and navigate to the recruitment thread, and we’ll get you enrolled.

Enroll in the Gap Time Beta!

Admin
Status changed to: Need Beta Testers

@BourbonBrunette, @Abstraktstudio, @suzimojock, @PITSTOPHQ, @Hair-Rebel, @JessicaLydai, @SaroukosHair, @Amalkasabri, @RebelFemmeSalon, @SunnyslopePS, @PorchPotteryfl, @843Beauty, @Stevees16, @TheWay, @Bkinneybeaute, @Polished, @Catms1987, @Fascinostudio, @ Pleij, @Clbeauty, @soover, @Ben_Redlin, @hayleylynne, @RapidWT, @1manshow, @Lady_vena19, @JennstylistORL, @Release, @Rlbbeauty, @jesskdoeshair, @Sherilynh, @Carriemcgeehon, @holliejacques

Thank you so much for your patience as we tracked and built this feature. If you are interested in joining the Gap-Time Beta (processing time), go ahead and navigate to the recruitment thread, and we’ll get you enrolled.

Enroll in the Gap Time Beta!

Please add us as well

Looking forward to this! I have been wanting to use solely square for a long time! How do I join? I tried to follow links to download flight and the beta POS

Beta Member

Yes please.

@kellyj 

I would like to join the beta for the appointment gap testing. How do I go about doing so. I have downloaded the POS beta. I use solely square as my POS. 

Admin

@Rlbbeauty @MamaBum @cdswen 

The team will reach out shortly via email to get you all set up.  Keep and eye on your email. 😃

Thanks so much for your participation, and if you haven't joined the Beta Community yet, please do so. We'll have a forum for questions there for you. If you need help navigating back to you, you can always use sellercommunity.com/beta.

I’m interested in joining the testing group for my business as I seriously need this feature!!

Admin

@CDHALL 

Great! We'll get your information passed over to enroll you. Be on the lookout for an email shortly.