x
Admin

Looking to add Processing time to your appointments? Beta is recruiting for the Gap Time Feature!

Our Appointments Team is excited to announce the newest feature for Appointments is now recruiting for testing in Beta.  

You can now add Gap Times to your services and see them on your calendar. With this new feature, these "down times" can now be booked by your customers on your Square Appointments booking site.

Note: This feature is still in development, so gap times will only show up on the web (not on the mobile app initially)—we will be adding that functionality soon.

If you’re interested in testing this new feature, please let us know replying to this thread, and request to join our Beta Community by following this link. Upon enrolling in the Community, we'll get you started in the Beta for Gap Time Scheduling!

The Beta Community is a private community that will allow you to connect with us for feedback, additional feature suggestions, and bug reports, please make sure you request membership for the platform you use the Appointments application.

Gap Time for Square Appointments Beta is Live!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 19
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Please add processing time to appointments - Status changed to: Need Beta Testers

@masumi @carl5280 @tl6734 

We've just launched an Appointments Beta that may be of interest to you. Take a look at this thread when you get a chance. We're excited about the possibilities here and looking for beta testers.

18 REPLIES 18
tl6734

Re: Now in Beta: Appointment Gap Time Scheduling, Recruiting is live

Yes I'm very interested in joining the beta.

Message 2 of 19
Admin

@tl6734 

Awesome! Please request to join the Beta Community, and I'll have our enrolling Beta Manager reach out shortly.

sellercommunity.com/beta

Message 3 of 19
carl9331

Sign me up! I'm @carl5280 btw

Message 4 of 19
JennaFW

Can I take part in this? If it’s still available 

Message 5 of 19
Admin

@JennaFW 

The team will reach out shortly.

Please join click the link to join the Beta Community here so we can get your feedback/bugs etc. 

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 19
JennaFW

Ok I joined. Will they reach out on here?

Message 7 of 19
Admin

@JennaFW 

Great! I'll approve you now, and you'll get an email shortly with the specifics on the Beta. 😃

Message 8 of 19
masumi

Please add processing time to appointments

Please add a processing time feature to appointments for hair colorists. Vagaro has this feature. Every time I've called Square, I've been told that my request will be esclated to the product team. Threads on this topic go as far back as 2016 to no avail. Thank you.

Message 9 of 19
tl6734

Re: Please add processing time to appointments

I agree with this post. I actually left square for Vagaro a couple months ago for this exact issue. There is a big community of hair stylists that need this feature. 

With Vagaro you get online booking, online store, emailing, gap time, item cost and average cost tracking, and better reporting all included. I understand appointments is free, but I was using it when it wasn’t. Square is missing out on a huge market. I’ve read other threads where others have asked for this to be added but will stay with their current provider until it is added. 

I did love the user friendliness of Square but you can’t keep telling everyone it’s “on the list”.

Message 10 of 19