x

Loyalty Program

So I am wanting to hear from people, who are using, the monthly Loyalty Program. My company is interested in using it but we are unsure of the value. So a few questions...

1. If you are currently using it now, make were you using before and did the switch impact your business?

2. Is it easy to use?

3. What, if any were the negitive effects about the program?

4. How time consuming is the Program? Do you have one person focused on the program?

5. Do you feel it would work well in any business type or only certain types of business?

Thats a great start but if there is anything you think we should know before starting the program any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much Square Community!!!

Message 1 of 26
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Loyalty Program

Thanks for everyones thoughts and feedback. 🙏

We know how painful any change in pricing can be, and I know this was definitely taken into consideration (especially when comparing to competitors' pricing). We did make a few big improvement that we think will really add a lot of value, and improve your customers experience.

You can also find more deails about the updates on the Product Update Page for Square Loyalty. This should address some of your outstanding questions, as well as fill you into all of the new features and changes. 👍

Having said that, I'll definitely share your responses with our product liaison team!

25 REPLIES 25

I am disgusted that you would decide you nedd to start charging a monthly fee for us to continue offering the loyalty rewards program to our customers. Had you stated in the BEGININNG this would become a pay for service that would be different. YOU did not and I got, as I am sure many merchants did as well, my customers hooked on the rewards program. I referred hundreds of other distributors to your company because of this program. I told them square was different and cared about helping small businesses. HA! JOKE! You have failed and done it in a huge way. now to help all those customers I will either need to pay a RIDICULOUS fee or take hours and hours of my time I do NOT have to track each and every sale and amount for each and every customer to transfer them to a nbew method of rewards. THANK YOU so much for the headache and diservice you have provided. I will definately be sharing this with the thousands of distributors I know. BAD business square. You have now lumped yourself in with the other money hungry companies who have simply one goal in mind : MONEY! I am disgusted! 

Message 22 of 26
Beta Member

How do I exclude certain categories for the loyalty program? I would like to continue rewarding my customers who but supplies on a regular basis but to reward a one-time walk in who buys retail merchandise is not something I want to be giving out rewards for. I do not want to reward for classes, but I do want to reward my students when they buy supplies. I haven't checked as of yet but do customers receive rewards when they buy a Gift Card?

Message 23 of 26
Square

@colorsofglass - Happy to help advise. While you can't exclude a category, you can choose just not to include that category when launching your Loyalty program.  🙂   You'll be able to make your selection when you set things up. As for gift cards, they could be included, it depends on how you decide to set things up. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 24 of 26
Beta Member

Hi Sean, I have been using the loyalty program for some time now, and I am very satisfied with how it works. I do not recall having the option of only selecting certain categories when I first started. Is there a way of resetting thing up with only selected items. I can not find where I can do that.

Message 25 of 26
Square

@colorsofglass - Glad to hear. As for your question, you would just need to the Loyalty tab, click "Actions" in the top right, and then "Edit" to change your campaign. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 26 of 26