x
Super Seller

Loyalty program - Customer with multiple rewards

Is there any way that a customer can use more than 1 of their loyalty rewards at a time? Our program is set up to give $5 off for every $250 that you spend. We have a few customers who either don't know or forget to use them, so they end up having multiple rewards at a time, but it appears as though they can only use 1 at a time anyway... Is it possible to add multiple rewards to their ticket before checkout?

And (while I'm at it)... Is it possible to use marketing rewards in conjunction with loyalty rewards at the same time? Or is that a 1-at-a-time kinda thing also? Say someone wants to use their $5 reward for getting enough stars, AND they want to use a $10 gift that they get on their birthday (Or any other marketing reward)... Can they do that?

It seems that at other big box stores, reward points tend to accrue, and you are can use them all at once if you want. 

Message 1 of 15
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @LocavoreStore

While you can't redeem the same loyalty reward multiple times within a single sale, you can apply a loyalty reward with a marketing campaign discount. 

So if I (the buyer) have multiple loyalty rewards of $10 off my next visit, I can only use one of these for my next purchase. I can't compound them. 

However, if I also received a $10 off birthday coupon via a sellers marketing campaign, I would be able to redeem a loyalty reward for $10 off as well as the birthday coupon for $10 off.

I can definitely see why being able to apply multiple rewards at once would make for a better experience for the buyer. I do this myself at a few of my coffee shops that I visit. 

I'll raise this to our Product Team if it hasn't been already. I'm sure there's some information on it somewhere, so if I can dig it up I'll be sure to chime back in. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
Alumni

Best Answer

You can now let customers redeem multiple rewards in one transaction! Check out our Loyalty team's update here

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Best Answer

Hi @LocavoreStore

While you can't redeem the same loyalty reward multiple times within a single sale, you can apply a loyalty reward with a marketing campaign discount. 

So if I (the buyer) have multiple loyalty rewards of $10 off my next visit, I can only use one of these for my next purchase. I can't compound them. 

However, if I also received a $10 off birthday coupon via a sellers marketing campaign, I would be able to redeem a loyalty reward for $10 off as well as the birthday coupon for $10 off.

I can definitely see why being able to apply multiple rewards at once would make for a better experience for the buyer. I do this myself at a few of my coffee shops that I visit. 

I'll raise this to our Product Team if it hasn't been already. I'm sure there's some information on it somewhere, so if I can dig it up I'll be sure to chime back in. 

Message 2 of 15

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Stacking Square Marketing Coupons”. The original author has been notified via email.

Hello, I read this page about applying coupons:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5522-apply-rewards-to-purchases

It says two different types can be applied to one purchase (a percentage off + a dollar amount off).  What about applying two percentages off?

We sent out a Veteran's day coupon and someone also received a birthday coupon. She wanted to apply both (we told her no and didn't attempt to apply both). But would it be possible?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 15

Hi @rire

Check out the Best Answer in this thread and it should clarify things for you. 

As long as the rewards and coupons are different types, they should be able to be applied together. 

Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

Just found out Square Loyalty doesn't have mutiple rewards. I already cancelled my Belly Rewards Program after being with them for 4 years and having 4k+ customer signups. Any idea when this will be implemented to Square? I offer 7 rewards with the Belly Loyalty Program and this will surely be a downgrade once I start using Square Rewards in 2 weeks.

Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

Will multiple rewards be added this year?

Message 6 of 15
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Multiple Loyalty Rewards?

Hello @meros! I just merged your post into this thread where we are tracking interest in using multiple rewards with the Loyalty Program. You'll also see in this thread that if your customers have a coupon from a marketing campaign you could redeem the coupon and the reward in the same transaction. I don't have a timeline on when multiple loyalty rewards will be available. As soon as we have more information about that we'll let you know in this thread!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

I am also in need of using multiple rewards for a single purchase. I offer a $10 reward for every $250 in customer spend and now have multiple customers with multiplel $10 rewards. Its terrible customer service to tell my best customers they only get one reward at a time. This will be a HUGE factor in whether or not I keep Square Loyalty. Please speed this up if at all possible. 

Message 8 of 15

Any word on using multiple rewards yet? So frustrated!!!! The way they marketed this service is so misleading!

Message 9 of 15
Alumni

Hi @bbgc - No timeline to share yet, but sorry that you feel the marketing is misleading. Can you share some of the materials you found confusing? I'll be sure to pass them on to the team responsible. 

If we get any updates on this feature request, I'll be sure to share them here. 

Message 10 of 15

Just want to chime in that I would LOVE to see multiple reward redemptions. When I have customers with multiple rewards buying multiple items so they can use them, I have to do a separate transaction each time. Adding this feature would make my life MUCH easier 🙂

-Kylie

Message 11 of 15
Alumni

Hi @GamesUnl - Thanks for sharing your use case! 

I wanted to draw your attention to a change in Loyalty that may be of interest to you. Check out Darshita's Product Update and her responses about why the team is changing Loyalty stars to points. https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/Important-Update-Loyalty-Stars-will-be-called-Loy...

Message 12 of 15

It is pretty lame that there is not a multi tier rewards system in place.  It can't be that difficult to impliment.

Message 13 of 15
Alumni

You can now create multiple tier rewards in Loyalty. See more here!

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

Best Answer

You can now let customers redeem multiple rewards in one transaction! Check out our Loyalty team's update here

Message 15 of 15