x
Alumni

Manage Your Inventory in Square Point of Sale!

Square now lets you view and adjust inventory counts directly in the Point of Sale app, making it easier for you to check inventory levels when making a sale and update counts from anywhere. You can manage inventory directly through the item tab or item grid. All updates to inventory made in the app will be tracked and displayed in dashboard history.

To manage inventory in Square Point of Sale:

1. Visit the item tab of your Square Point of Sale
  2. Click on the item you wish to view/edit stock > tap stock > select a reasonSee how many of your item are in stockSee how many of your item are in stock

Adjust stock for the itemAdjust stock for the item

Inventory management is available for iOS and Android in the latest versions of the app.

Thanks for reading this far and for being part of the Seller Community. This new feature was made possible thanks to feedback like yours, so keep it coming and let me know if you have any questions by replying to this post.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Very interested in this! Thanks! I love the square!

Message 2 of 10

Anyway to add original cost of item so we can see what kind of profit we made?

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hello @FriendsLFG! There isn't a way to add the original cost of an item in the Point of Sale item library. I understand how that would be useful and I'll share your interest with our team!  

You might also like to take a look at the Square for Retail app, which does have advanced features for inventory and profit reporting. I'm not sure if the Retail app is suitable for your business but wanted to let you know about it just in case! ๐Ÿ˜€

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 10

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I didn't even know there was another app. I will definitely look into it.

Message 5 of 10
Admin

You're welcome! ๐Ÿ˜€

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 10

I'm confused when i click on your links there, it take me right to my already set up square dashboard. It sounded like there was a different app or something. Is this the case or you directing people to look back just in detail to their own dashboard. Which doesn't include at cost accounting for...

confused please respond 

Message 7 of 10
Admin

I'm sorry for the confusion @Destressanddeto!

If you're interested to learn more about Square Retail here are the links I shared in the post above:

Let me know if you have any other questions about this! Happy to help! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 10

I put all of my inventory into the system...but sometimes I give things away...how do I manage that in the app without creating an invoice? Do I have to do an inventory adjustment then? I'd love to keep track of things I give away. 

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

@kristabeakley

Square's inventory management system is kinda basic, so there's not a perfect way to move inventory in the way you're looking for. 

However, there are stock actions that will decrease your inventory counts like "damaged" or "loss". Perhaps you can use one these options to  adjust the items you give away from your inventory. 

More on this thread.  

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10