x
Alumni

Meet the Order Manager product team: Ask any questions about managing orders ๐Ÿ“จ๐Ÿงพ

Hi Seller Community,

Have questions about the Orders section on your Point of Sale or online Square Dashboard? Our product team wants to hear from you!

I'm thrilled to introduce you to @chada and @Aaron_Product, whose teams focus on order management. Whether you're set up with Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, or Square Online, this is an opportunity for you to ask questions and share feedback on the order managerโ€™s role in managing your business, notifying you of new or updated orders, printing order tickets, or providing settings for configuring your order-specific workflows. 

Post your questions to this thread ahead of time and check back with us on Thursday, June 30, at 4 a.m. AEST when their team responds. 

A few example questions:

• What are the latest feature improvements that will help me better manage orders with Square Online?
  • If Square Order Manager could support "_______," the day-to-day operations at my restaurant would run so much smoother.
  • I keep running into "_______" every time an order comes through at my retail store. What's the best practice for addressing this?
  • What plans do you have for allowing me to configure Order Manager to suit the specific workflows of my business?
  • Do you have any plans to improve the onboarding experience to Order Manager for new sellers or employees?

ph210202A_GerardsDeli_02112_02_DM_IE_SIMP.jpg

Note: We are not able to share specific details on our product roadmaps, though this information will be helpful as we continue to make improvements.

Click Reply below to post a question ahead of time, and weโ€™ll address as many posts as we can on Thursday, June 30.๐Ÿ‘‡

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 20
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Meet the Order Manager product team: Ask any questions about managing orders ๐Ÿ“จ๐Ÿงพ

Hello everyone!

The time for receiving new questions has closed for this event. Thank you to everyone who asked questions and shared their experiences โ€” we received a lot of helpful feedback!

The Order Manager team will continue to address your posts as they are able. Due to the high volume of interest across all of our forums, it may take a few days to follow up on remaining inquires. We appreciate your patience and please keep watch for updates throughout the end of the week and early next week. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to share your questions and feedback with us! We were impressed with the level of engagement we received and were excited to see so much interest in this topic. 

We hope your questions were answeredโ€”the experiences you've shared will help us as we continue to enhance Squareโ€™s Order Manager based on your feedback.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap the main themes that we observed across all the feedback:

More personalization options for order management workflows and printing

Some sellers operate off of only printed tickets, while others want to be able to complete an order after it arrives with a single button press. Some sellers want to complete bulk actions with minimal screen interactions. We are kicking off new discovery next month around the most common ways sellers want to personalize their workflows so we can meet you where your business is to enable Order Manager to become a lever in your business growth plan. We will be reaching out to all sellers who raised this topic to better understand the most important ways you want to personalize your order management experience to optimize your workflows in a way that suits your specific business needs. 

Editing orders after they have been paid and received

We understand that you have the ability to change the order after it appears in POS. In-store situations demand a change in the orderโ€”Situations such as selling out an item or having a customer call and request a change. We are working on enabling this capability for our order partners (including Square Online), such that the buyer is also made aware of the change. Please keep in mind that adoption will be dependent on the order partner (i.e. Doordash will have to enable this ability as well). We hope to have that out to you in the near future.

Customizing order and fulfillment settings on your Square Online site

We are working to centralize the fulfillment settings that apply to both your Square Online orders as well as any orders that are created through 3rd party apps and to expose those settings to developers via a public API so all orders are set with the correct fulfillment details. This will ensure that the same settings are adhered to no matter which channel your orders are placed so you can standardize your operations and deliver consistent service to all your customers. 

Creating orders with fulfillments at POS

Sellers want to create orders with fulfillments like Delivery or Pickup at the POS. We heard you loud and clear that this is a gap you want filled and we are exploring ways to support this capability in the future so you can offer the same great service to your customers, no matter how they order from you.

Again, thanks for your participation. For the latest updates, keep watch for announcements of new features in Product Updates.

PXL_20220629_192321201.jpeg

Thanks,

Aaron, Chada and Christian

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!

View Best Answer >

Message 20 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Beta Member

Can you display orders that are taken through the tablet/phone manually in the orders tab?

Message 2 of 20
Square

We are looking at consolidating all orders in a single view so sellers can understand their business better across all ordering channels, but maintain their current workflows

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 3 of 20

When can we expect to get access to a truly self serve kiosk system that is not reliant on QR codes? I have a Square setup that we bought for a self serve kiosk system but our areas phone reception is so bad that the QR code system doesn't work. We found software called "kiosk" that would allow us to do what we want to do but it is only available in the US. When can we expect to have a product like this in Australia? At the moment we have some expensive hardware here that we can do nothing with. Thanks.

Message 4 of 20

When can we expect to have the ability to take delivery orders over the phone when people call, this is a must for my pizza shop however we canโ€™t change over to square until we have this feature. Iโ€™m aware there is a delivery option on the system however when you send the order it doesnโ€™t have the address when I contacted support a while back they said this feature isnโ€™t implemented yet.

Message 5 of 20
Square

@Sam78 Which Square POS product are you using?

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 6 of 20
Square

Pickup and Shipment fulfillments can be created on Square POS and Retail POS. We are looking at enabling the creation of all fulfillment types, including Delivery, for all POS products in the future.

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 7 of 20
Square

Pickup and Shipment fulfillments can be created on Square POS and Retail POS. We are currently actively working on enabling the creation of all fulfillment types, including Delivery, for all POS products.

Christian
Design Director Orders, Square
Square
Message 8 of 20

Whenever orders coming thru apps from Uber Eats and DoorDash, the entire screen of the app will be freezed and will only show one action button with loud sound notification to force staff requiring order confirmation (if auto-accept orders is not elected).

Can Square do this at least as an option? This particular feature is really important in a busy and noisy setting, like a restaurant.

Message 9 of 20
Square

@maroubra Are you asking that order notifications be louder for your restaurant environment so staff are aware when the order arrives? 

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 10 of 20

Message 11 of 20
Square

Thanks for clarifying your request and providing the example of how Uber Eats requires you to accept the order. This concept is not currently on our roadmap, but we will consider this as a future setting. Since Order Manager is a section of the Square POS and some sellers might use that POS to create in-person orders, would you expect this feature to block the ability to use the POS for any other action until the incoming order is expected, or only block actions if you are in the Order Manager screen?

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 12 of 20

My business is producing small computer systems to integrate into products. https://udamonic.com/index.html  I sell all over the world. What I would like is for Square to be able to handle currencies other than what my bank account is set up with. If prices could be displayed in the LOCAL currency of my customer, that would be great. If it could automatically calculate shipping rates based on customer's country, that would be even better. 99% of my customers are in a different country with a different currency. At the moment I do not use Square at all for e-commerce as it doesn't meet my needs for international customers. 

Message 13 of 20
Beta Member

I have a gift store online, I am wondering how I can get an easy gift card message box added into the purchase? 

Message 14 of 20
Square

Hi @commonfolk , 

To enable gifting, go to Settings > Item Preferences > Gift options. Your customers will be able to leave a gift message for each item they're purchasing and you have the option to enable a gift wrap/box fee if you'd like. For more info, check out: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7170-set-up-gifting-options-with-square-online

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 15 of 20

Can you please implement different prep times for pick up and delivery orders?  We continually change the prep time during service depending how busy we are.  If we have a lot of deliveries we have to push our time out to over 45 mins. But we can still do pick up orders between 15-20 mins.  This means we are losing online pick up orders because the wait seems too long.  Is this something you can and will do soon?  Thanks 

Message 16 of 20
Square

Hi @tacostacostacos - can you help us understand your operations a little better here? Is it related to the number of drivers you have, and the number of deliveries they can do, or something else? Any information about your operations will be very helpful

Message 17 of 20

Hi, yes we are limited to 1-2 drivers and sometimes a delivery can take 25-30mins depending how far away they are. So if we get 2 deliveries at the same time and they are both 25mins each we need to be able to push the delivery time to around one hour without changing our pick up time. As we can make food fairly quickly and customers could still pick up within 15 mins. So if they order online and Iโ€™ve had to push out the prep time because of deliveries they wonโ€™t order if they have to wait an hour for pick up (hope I made it a bit clearer). Thanks 

Message 18 of 20
Admin

Hello everyone!

The time for receiving new questions has closed for this event. Thank you to everyone who asked questions and shared their experiences โ€” we received a lot of helpful feedback!

The Order Manager team will continue to address your posts as they are able. Due to the high volume of interest across all of our forums, it may take a few days to follow up on remaining inquires. We appreciate your patience and please keep watch for updates throughout the end of the week and early next week. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 19 of 20
Square

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to share your questions and feedback with us! We were impressed with the level of engagement we received and were excited to see so much interest in this topic. 

We hope your questions were answeredโ€”the experiences you've shared will help us as we continue to enhance Squareโ€™s Order Manager based on your feedback.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap the main themes that we observed across all the feedback:

More personalization options for order management workflows and printing

Some sellers operate off of only printed tickets, while others want to be able to complete an order after it arrives with a single button press. Some sellers want to complete bulk actions with minimal screen interactions. We are kicking off new discovery next month around the most common ways sellers want to personalize their workflows so we can meet you where your business is to enable Order Manager to become a lever in your business growth plan. We will be reaching out to all sellers who raised this topic to better understand the most important ways you want to personalize your order management experience to optimize your workflows in a way that suits your specific business needs. 

Editing orders after they have been paid and received

We understand that you have the ability to change the order after it appears in POS. In-store situations demand a change in the orderโ€”Situations such as selling out an item or having a customer call and request a change. We are working on enabling this capability for our order partners (including Square Online), such that the buyer is also made aware of the change. Please keep in mind that adoption will be dependent on the order partner (i.e. Doordash will have to enable this ability as well). We hope to have that out to you in the near future.

Customizing order and fulfillment settings on your Square Online site

We are working to centralize the fulfillment settings that apply to both your Square Online orders as well as any orders that are created through 3rd party apps and to expose those settings to developers via a public API so all orders are set with the correct fulfillment details. This will ensure that the same settings are adhered to no matter which channel your orders are placed so you can standardize your operations and deliver consistent service to all your customers. 

Creating orders with fulfillments at POS

Sellers want to create orders with fulfillments like Delivery or Pickup at the POS. We heard you loud and clear that this is a gap you want filled and we are exploring ways to support this capability in the future so you can offer the same great service to your customers, no matter how they order from you.

Again, thanks for your participation. For the latest updates, keep watch for announcements of new features in Product Updates.

PXL_20220629_192321201.jpeg

Thanks,

Aaron, Chada and Christian

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 20 of 20