x
Alumni

Meet the Order Manager product team: Which workflows are most critical to managing orders? ๐Ÿ“จ๐Ÿงพ

Hi Seller Community,

Have questions about the Orders section on your Point of Sale or online Square Dashboard? Our product team wants to hear from you!

I'm thrilled to introduce you to @chada and @Aaron_Product, whose teams focus on order management. Whether you're set up with Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, or Square Online, this is an opportunity for you to ask questions and share feedback on the order managerโ€™s role in managing your business, notifying you of new or updated orders, printing order tickets, or providing settings for configuring your order-specific workflows. 

Post your questions to this thread ahead of time and check back with us on Wednesday, June 29, at 2 p.m. EDT when their team responds. 

A few example questions:

• What are the latest feature improvements that will help me better manage orders with Square Online?
  • If Square Order Manager could support "_______," the day-to-day operations at my restaurant would run so much smoother.
  • I keep running into "_______" every time an order comes through at my retail store. What's the best practice for addressing this?
  • What plans do you have for allowing me to configure Order Manager to suit the specific workflows of my business?
  • Do you have any plans to improve the onboarding experience to Order Manager for new sellers or employees?

ph210202A_GerardsDeli_02112_02_DM_IE_SIMP.jpg

Note: We are not able to share specific details on our product roadmaps, though this information will be helpful as we continue to make improvements.

Click Reply below to post a question ahead of time, and weโ€™ll address as many posts as we can on Wednesday, June 29.๐Ÿ‘‡

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 22
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Meet the Order Manager product team: Which workflows are most critical to managing orders? ๐Ÿ“จ๐Ÿงพ

Hello everyone!

The time for receiving new questions has closed for this event. Thank you to everyone who asked questions and shared their experiences โ€” we received a lot of helpful feedback!

The Order Manager team will continue to address your posts as they are able. Due to the high volume of interest across all of our forums, it may take a few days to follow up on remaining inquires. We appreciate your patience and please keep watch for updates throughout the end of the week and early next week. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to share your questions and feedback with us! We were impressed with the level of engagement we received and were excited to see so much interest in this topic. 

We hope your questions were answeredโ€”the experiences you've shared will help us as we continue to enhance Squareโ€™s Order Manager based on your feedback.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap the main themes that we observed across all the feedback:

More personalization options for order management workflows and printing

Some sellers operate off of only printed tickets, while others want to be able to complete an order after it arrives with a single button press. Some sellers want to complete bulk actions with minimal screen interactions. We are kicking off new discovery next month around the most common ways sellers want to personalize their workflows so we can meet you where your business is to enable Order Manager to become a lever in your business growth plan. We will be reaching out to all sellers who raised this topic to better understand the most important ways you want to personalize your order management experience to optimize your workflows in a way that suits your specific business needs. 

Editing orders after they have been paid and received

We understand that you have the ability to change the order after it appears in POS. In-store situations demand a change in the orderโ€”Situations such as selling out an item or having a customer call and request a change. We are working on enabling this capability for our order partners (including Square Online), such that the buyer is also made aware of the change. Please keep in mind that adoption will be dependent on the order partner (i.e. Doordash will have to enable this ability as well). We hope to have that out to you in the near future.

Customizing order and fulfillment settings on your Square Online site

We are working to centralize the fulfillment settings that apply to both your Square Online orders as well as any orders that are created through 3rd party apps and to expose those settings to developers via a public API so all orders are set with the correct fulfillment details. This will ensure that the same settings are adhered to no matter which channel your orders are placed so you can standardize your operations and deliver consistent service to all your customers. 

Creating orders with fulfillments at POS

Sellers want to create orders with fulfillments like Delivery or Pickup at the POS. We heard you loud and clear that this is a gap you want filled and we are exploring ways to support this capability in the future so you can offer the same great service to your customers, no matter how they order from you.

Again, thanks for your participation. For the latest updates, keep watch for announcements of new features in Product Updates.

PXL_20220629_192321201.jpeg

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

As you know Courier Service require the input of the receiving client phone number. Can Square add a "mandatory" field in their form when a client send a payment. I asked this very basic request last year. This would prevent us from sending an invoice for payment, them reaching out again to the client to ask for his phone number. 

Message 2 of 22
Square

Which form are you using to collect this information from your clients?

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 3 of 22
Square

Hi @bungl, I'm back with some more details. 

Our teams are considering ways to provide you with more control over what fields are shown when your customers check out, particularly for products like Square Online, and we appreciate your feedback. For now, if youโ€™re using Square Online, you can use our Order Notes feature to collect phone numbers and other information: https://squareup.com/help/article/6859-checkout-options-with-square-online-store 

Hope this helps! Please let us know if youโ€™re using a different Square product for these payments, like Square Invoices.

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 4 of 22

I am trying to link the square to my etsy page and even after doing what you recently told me how to make this happen, i believe it has only made things worse. Please describe in great detail how to troubleshoot linking the square if the regular options do not work? thank you

marya jo woeppel
Message 5 of 22

I have a customer who splits his invoices between himself and his partner (two different credit cards and different names). I would like to know why I can't process his payment over two different cardholders. I an currently being charged for two separate orders when it is actually a split payment for one order. I have asked this question to customer services at Square and was told it isn't possible, yet you have a tab that allows split payment. I need to know if this can be done and how to do it, or do I have to accept the additional service charges.

Message 6 of 22

What plans do you have for allowing me to configure Order Manager to suit the specific workflows of my business?

I own a flower shop and need to be able to create work orders with both customer and recipient information for pickups or deliveries, and need to be able to integrate delivery routing and delivery confirmations

Francis Reynolds
Message 7 of 22
Square

What I'm hearing from your question is that you'd like ways to customize what information gets printed for your orders. Is that correct?

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 8 of 22

Aaron, 

Sort of.....Flower shops have a unique workflow.

For deliveries and pickups, we require a customer and a recipient and we need a work order to be created/printed so that the designer can create the arrangement, then confirm completion for pickup or delivery.

It's a unique workflow that only floral software providers offer yet in my mind it should not be too hard to integrate such a workflow for Square.  

Be interested in your thoughts on this.

Francis Reynolds
Message 9 of 22

If we have a large-scale festival and there is no internet connectivity, can we process 100k worth of payments offline with the Square POS (not the lightning reader or chip reader connected to phones)? 

Message 10 of 22

I have some items that require only gst

the pst is turned off yet every time a transaction goes through for one of these items both taxes are being charged. So essentially every customer purchasing these items is over charged. These items are our most popular items and so itโ€™s happening to the majority of our customers. Iโ€™ve called in to ask for help around this but the phone service took forever and was not helpful at all. The call person was very indifferent and no follow up. 
please please help 

thank you

Message 11 of 22

When we will we be able to split an individual item among bills?  For example a table of 4 orders a bottle of wine and all want to pay their share.  I should be able to split that bottle 4 ways and then move each quarter to each individual bill. 

Message 12 of 22

I am looking for the following items to be added to square restaurants

1. splitting an item between multiple bills at a table. ( share a pitcher between customers )

2. splitting a payment (customer wants to make a partial payment in cash and rest on a card or between two cards)

3. an option for adding an autogratuity to a larger group

4. an option for not printing every item sold on shift reports/close of day. It really isnt necessay and wastes so much paper.

Are any of these in the works?  

Message 13 of 22
Beta Member

Hello! Thank you for doing this Q&A

Is there any way for my staff to pause online orders? 

Pausing orders directly from the POS is table stakes for any online ordering system, and I canโ€™t seem to find a quick way to do it with square.

If square wants to compete with other systems this is an essential feature. Kitchens run out of items. We have emergencies.

Itโ€™s trivial to pause new orders for the rest of the day, or a short amount of time, with Uber Eats and Ritual. With Square I have to log into the dashboard and turn it off deep in settings, and then remember to turn it back on. Itโ€™s an awful experience. 

Message 14 of 22
Square

Hi there. We recognize that this is a critical feature and are currently actively working on it, with plans to launch very soon.

Christian
Design Director Orders, Square
Square
Message 15 of 22

I would like to know when there will be progress on customers ordering digital files? I am working on a lot of e-downloads that include both PDF and video formats and would like a smoother process for this.

Message 16 of 22
Square

Hi @CraftyUnicorn,

Thanks for bringing this up. Unfortunately, automated delivery of digital goods isnโ€™t supported today, but this feature request is under consideration on our roadmap. If you would like early access to this feature when available, please let us know. For now, you can use one of our app marketplace offerings like Integromat or Zapier to build an automated workflow that will send digital items for you (hereโ€™s our app marketplace: https://squareup.com/us/en/app-marketplace).

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 17 of 22

I would love early access when itโ€™s available. Iโ€™m working on a series of on-demand workshops and classes and it would be nice to have that streamlined. Iโ€™ll look into those apps, thank you!

Message 18 of 22

Is there a way to input our cost of something, versus what a customer pays for an item? This way we can keep track of if we are actually making money and just how much money we are making. 

Message 19 of 22

I could you send me informations in french please.

Message 20 of 22
Admin

Hello everyone!

The time for receiving new questions has closed for this event. Thank you to everyone who asked questions and shared their experiences โ€” we received a lot of helpful feedback!

The Order Manager team will continue to address your posts as they are able. Due to the high volume of interest across all of our forums, it may take a few days to follow up on remaining inquires. We appreciate your patience and please keep watch for updates throughout the end of the week and early next week. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 21 of 22