x

Much confusion with Weebly online store, and squareup online store....

My goal is to sell product and allow customers to order and book appointments online, easily. I mistakenly got into the weebly online site set up thinking that is how I had to make a site, and I just now realized that I can make a simple site just on square. I I do have that set up, but only 3 items are showing. This is so frustrating and not user friendly. Exhaustingly confusing with these two site options overlapping each other. 

I have all my items in, I have them all checked as visible. They all show up on the weebly site, which I no longer want to use. I would prefer to use the squareup site, only. How do I simply get all of my items, neatly in their categories, to show up on the square up site? I have looked at so many support things and I think it will come down to switching one tiny thing, somewhere, but I don't know what that is! Help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

HI, agreed, the Weebly.com home page does need to be disabled.  It is confusing.  I believe it auto-directs to the Squareup site?  You stated you had items added, where?  Online Dashboard?  Some were visible in the store? 

Can you please share a screenshot? or Link?  It may be a sync lag regarding the items not appearing right away.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 7

Hi there. I have basically a whole page on weebly, but I prefer not to use it. Its hard to say where I have my items, that's the problem. There's weebly, there square.site, there's something else... I have all of my items in my account to use, I have items in the website I built on weebly...but I just want the simple online square site, so clients, can book appointments, purchase product, and just have a simple, user friendly experience that I am NOT having.

This is my sister's business, and she was frustrated and unable to do it so asked me to, and I am shocked at how confusing this is and with a widely used company like Square. WHen I click 'online' I'm thinking it will bring me to the square site, but no. It brought me to the weebly site....and I thought that was the square site. So I built a page that was a pain, also...only to realize there is a simpler way.. Weebly needs to go away or be more clearly linked within square as a separate entity...or whatever it is. I literally have NO idea how to get to where I can edit on square.site. maybe that is a good a place to start. I see she has a site started, butwith only 3 items showing. 

I went into my square settings to all of my items and services and marked them as 'visible' and magically they were visible on the WEEBLY site?? and not on the square.site. It's freaking irritating, and I DO NOT think the answer is to use weebly. 

Sorry, I'm just super frustrated when companies allow user issues to go on this long to where SO many people are having issues.

Message 3 of 7

HI, I understand the frustration.  If you would like to share a screenshot? or Links?  to see what is already created? or Can be corrected?   

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Hi. Sorry to hear about your frustrations - some of our Clients have had similar frustrations. Unfortunately the traditional Square sites are going away and they're (according to my Reps at Square) migrating them all right now.

I'm a founder at an official Square Partner company and we help businesses with all kinds of things. If you want, let's setup a time this weekend and I'll screenshare with you, so you don't have to give me or anyone from my team any access and I'll help you set up the Weebly Store to sort of mimic the old Square store - for free. No strings or catches.

This is one we recently setup for a Client: https://cabiryani.square.site/

And this is actually ours: https://preorderapps.square.site/

We're actually training a few interns now how to set them up, so they can do them for all our clients because our clients get so mad trying to do it.

We keep our Square Site super simple, but I kind of love it. We are working on a big, custom Square-powered website for ourselves, but we just decided to do that one for now... so I get where you're coming from. 

- Ken (dm me and I'll help ya out)

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 5 of 7
Admin

@PreOrder_Apps thanks for always jumping in to lend a hand! 👋

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Glad to help! If it's easy stuff, we don't mind showing people!

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 7 of 7