x

Feature Request: Allow my client to pay for multiple appointments in one transaction

Feature Request: Allow my client to pay for multiple appointments in one transaction

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Appointments Application: How do I checkout and include multiple appointments on one ticket?

I recently did a soft launch of my business. I tried to close out my appointments and process them all under one ticket but quickly realized this was not possible. In my business model, I can go to a location with multiple contractors. Each contractor can have 1 to many services booked for the day. I need the ability to check out, add multiple appointments to one ticket, and charge that payment to one customer. - Example 1: Jane gets her cut by John, her makeup done by Carol, and her hair styled by Miguel. Jane is just one customer and should not have to process her card 3 different times. - Example 2: John gets his hair done by Max, his beard trimmed by Joe, and decides he wants to pay for Jane's bill in example one. In addition, there is a contractor attached to each service and they get a 70% commission and so this needs to be tracked accordingly for payroll. Currently, I do not see a way to do this. So I figured I'd post here to see what my options may be... This is a big problem for my business model. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance. JenVerg

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can one client pay for another client I instead of paying separately

Ah, so you're asking if it's possible to pay for two appointments in one card swipe.

This feature has been requested by others in this thread so I've moved your post here - thanks for letting us know how it would benefit your customers. I circled back and this is currently still a feature request. We'll update this thread if we hear any updates!

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments Application: How do I checkout and include multiple appointments on one ticket?

Hi @JenVerg, thanks for your post. At this time it's not possible to check out multiple Appointments at the same time, you will need to check out one appointment at a time. 

I understand that this isn't ideal for your business model but I'm glad you let us know how you'd like to use Square Appointments. I'll share this feedback with our Appointments team and it will help them to prioritize which features to build next! 

133 Comments
Beta Member

Hi, any update on this? I have a few clients who come in together and pay together - it would be great to be able to combine or group the two. This is a huge thing in the Salon industry, and if you're wanting to offer more to us, this would be a HUGE help...

I also ran into the issue of having the option to add tip with a check payment, but I haven't had a cash sale yet with this new system (I was strictly using as my credit card ONLY, and now using for all payments) - are both unable to add tip? Will this be frustrating in the future when trying tracking business/tip income if tip options for clients are ONLY with a credit card. (I noticed a thread about this and didn't see any result...)

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @alexdoeshair! Thanks for taking the time to add your voice to this thread. We don't have any shareable update for you at this time, but when there is news to share - we will be sure to vocalize it heavily on this thread. Thanks for your patience!

Concerning the option to add a tip with cash or check payments, this would also be considered a feature request. I would recommend taking a look at this Best Answer from Sean as a workaround.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

The title of this thread has been changed from the original: Can I take payment for two separate appointments in one transaction

I regularly have families make appointments at my office. I like to keep them separate on my calendar so I can track their visits separately. The problem I am having is swiping the parent's debit/credit card for each person which takes more time. Is there a way to pay for multiple appointments all at once?

And one more questions, I offer multiple types of services. Is there a way to color code different ones so it is easier for me to differentiate the types of visits I have coming up? It seems like this should be a pretty simple and useful feature considering items/services can be color coded on the checkout screen.

Thanks!

Alumni

Hi @drprado, and welcome to our Seller Community - we appreciate you taking the time to share here!

It is currently not possible to check out more than one appointment at the same time. When you have multiple patients all wanting to pay using the same form of payment, you will need to check out each appointment one at a time. We're tracking this feature request here, and will be sure to update the thread when we have news to share!

In regards to color coding, it sounds like you're already using the color coding feature for items, services, and categories. I believe you're asking about the ability to color code an appointment within the Appointments app. While we don't currently support the ability to change the color of an appointment in-app, @Sean mentioned here that you can change the color related to an exported appointment on your Google calendar.

Both of these requests are already being tracked within the threads linked above, so definitely subscribe to those threads! We'll update them as soon as we have anything new to share.

Thank you @Valentina for the response. A follow-up question, I went back and looked through the previous linked threads on this topic, some going back to 2017. Can you give me an average time it takes for a change or new feature of any kind to be added once the idea has been brought up? I don't want to be waiting and hoping it could be next month when it might take 3 more years. If that is the case I will have to choose different software altogether.

Alumni

We don't have an average timeline to share for when feature requests are implemented, as the length of time varies greatly depending on the type of feature request @drprado. This post outlines the Feature Request process in-depth, and should help provide some clarity around what's happening when a feature is requested!

Hello we are starting up our barber shop in a few weeks. We have 9 barbers, I’ve set up passcodes and assigned each barber a number so we are able to track sales by barber for payroll. In the scenario where I have a dad and his two kids come in and one barber cuts the dads hair and another barber cuts the 2 kids how do you charge once but assign the sales to the appropriate barbers ? 

Admin

Appreciate you writing into the Seller Community @Tymelessbarbers!

Regrettably there isn't a way to combine appointments that are done by different providers. This is a feature request that we're continuing to track. In the mean time, each barber will have to check out their own clients. 

If anything changes with this in the future, we'll make sure to provide updates.

I see this was posted a year and a half ago. Is this an option yet? It seems like a very basic function on a service app. Easily overlooked but it seems easy enough to make it possible on here.

This is still not an option or if it is I don't know how to do it.