x

Need Confirmation If a Galaxy Tab S3 9.7” will work with the Contact less chip reader

This the link to the unit I have:

SAmsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7

According the Supported Hardware list its a no show....

According to the person from Square I spoke with it should... based on the fact that it Has Bluetooth, Android Ver. 7.0 (anything above Ver. 5.0 is compatable) and a Headphone jack.

The Hardware compatabilty list is an abismal failure as it is lists units so old it would be surpise in some cases if they are being used, Like the Note 2 - which my daughter uses as a bedside clock.

That is not the case if its an Apple product then they seem to fall all over themselves supporting the one company that removed thier biggest draw to the square - a Head phone Jack!

Anyway I'd like to hear from some users using Samsung Tablets that are not on the list to make sure I'm not gonna get burned. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I agree the Android list is very sparse and many outdated devices, but there are 1,000s of Android phones and tablets that come out and almost everyone changes things just a bit, even the flagship pixel had special coding in android that messed up the rotation.  So I can see it being insanely complicated to manage with the splitting up of the Android market over 100s of device manufacturers and 1,000s of phones and tablets released each year.

I don't have any Android devices so I can't help you, unfortunately.

Message 2 of 2