x

Need help with client accounts

When a client signs into their customer account it says no upcoming appointments, but they clearly have many upcoming appointments as they are booked out a year in advance! This so frustrating! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BLGC

That shouldn't happen! 

Sounds like they're either signing in to the wrong account, or something is going on. 

I would recommend contacting support so they can look into this issue for you, since they'll be able to determine if you're experiencing a bug or if maybe the wrong email is being used to sign in. 

You can contact Support here.

Let us know if they're able to resolve this issue for you! 

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 13

Its the right account. I even made myself an account and my husband his own and its the same across the board. Customer service just says they will look into it and never see an issue. However my clients all have an issue 

Message 3 of 13

I'm sorry about that experience, @BLGC

I was able to escalate your issue to our appointments team and they did mention that some apps won't show appointments more than a year in advance because of memory constraints.

If you have more details, like the exact date of the appointment and how your clients are accessing their accounts (if it's from a computer or mobile, iOS or Android and app or web browser) that would be really helpful to figure out what the issue is. 

Thank you! 

Frances
Message 4 of 13

These are appointments coming up in the next 4-8 week. I tested mine on my iPhone and MacBook. My husband had issues on his android. My clients mentioned various devices 

Message 5 of 13

Hello @BLGC

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this issue. 

As of right now, nothing seems to be wrong with the account, but we are still investigating. 

We will get back to you as soon as we have some answers, and we expect to know a bit more by end of day today. 

Thank you!

Frances
Message 6 of 13

Unfortunately thats all you all ever say but I can **bleep**ure you there has been an issue for a year now. It doesn’t work.

Message 7 of 13
Beta Member

I am having this same issue! Could the problem be possibly linked to merged customer accounts? That seems to be the only common thread I can find with my clients. 

Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

It is also frustrating that we can't at least print out a list of clients' future appts, especially when they aren't showing up in their personal online accounts. I have to handwrite them out.

Message 9 of 13

Hello @SpaB - Sorry to hear about your experience with Square Appointments. How far ahead are you looking for your clients appointments?

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

hello, we are booked out 6 months in advance, with the majority of clients booked until year end.

Message 11 of 13

Thanks for clarifying that information @SpaB. Stepping in for Sayra. 

We are still working with our team to investigate this further. We know this is not ideal. 

We really appreciate your patience. 

Message 12 of 13
Beta Member

I feel fortunate. I usually have every bug possible with square appointments, but havent seen this one. 

I do have a few clients who are always "confused" about their appointments. I wonder if they are victim to this bug and we haven't realized it yet. 

What are the exact symptoms and I will see if it replicates on my system. I would consider myself a pretty advanced troubleshooter of square appointments at this point.... 

1.) Are the clients booking these appointments or are you? If you are, is it from the Appointments app or from the web based app? 

2.) Are they using website based booking or an app of some kind?

3) PC/Mac/IOS/or Android? - Square codes the HTML displays differently and I can 100% verify this as I had trouble with lines of code being forgotten in IOS and have sent square the exact line of code that was forgotten and where it should be. 

4.) Has the same customer attempted logging into their account on multiple devices? (Example, login on a PC, android and Iphone?) 

The 4 above items should take you far for your troubleshooting.  As a 5th item:

5th - There could be a connection to merged accounts - Example the customer is logging into the old merged account (Cause there are technically 2 login credentials) that doesnt have appointments assigned (Because they were booked before the merge)    I have noticed that it DOES matter how you merge the accounts (Example Account 1 merging with account2 - Vs account 2 merging with account 1).  Im not sure how thorough the merging of accounts is, I imagine not good, in fact I imagine its an information only merge and not a merge of the appointments. 

I know this is long, but as stated Im just a square user who tries to help when I can. Post the above info and I will test it for you on my system. For all I know its already happening and I never realized it.  Shame on me for thinking certain customers were just kinda.... slow.... 

Message 13 of 13