x

Feature Request: Allow for time-based incentives for NET Term payments on Square Invoices

Beta Member

Feature Request: Allow for time-based incentives for NET Term payments on Square Invoices

Please consider providing the ability to set NET TERMS with time-based incentives for payments.

For example, if the receiver of the invoice makes a payment within 10 days they would receive a 2% discount. Both the day duration and the discount incentive would be configurable.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Allow for time-based incentives for NET Term payments on Square Invoices

Thanks for posting this request @fgarofalo. I've moved it over to their Feature Request board specifically for Invoices, so that we can track this request and so that other sellers can share their interest (thank you VanKalkerFarms). We'll also update you here if this feature is built in future. 

8 Comments

How do I track sales that are billed to organizations that require net 30 terms?

Square

Though we don't have a perfect solution for net 30 terms but you are able to set a due date on a Square Invoice. You are always able to go back, edit or resend the invoice if anything needs to be changed in the invoice before your customer pays. 

The invoices pull from inventory once the invoice is paid.  Most businesses have 30 day net terms.  Therefore they do not get paid for 30 days, but the inventory is already gone.  So essentially there is no way to accurately track it.  It should pull when the invoice is generated. 

Any advice?

Super Seller Alumni

If this is causing you issues you can turn on the inventory management for invoices.  Then you will be able to manually remove items from inventory and when the invoice is paid nothing will change with your inventory.  Little more work...  Maybe one of these day's you will have to option of when it is removed from inventory,  on invoice creation or on payment.

Super Seller

that is a great suggestion for it to automatically do it if a customer pays online in the time period.

Admin

Thanks for posting this request @fgarofalo. I've moved it over to their Feature Request board specifically for Invoices, so that we can track this request and so that other sellers can share their interest (thank you VanKalkerFarms). We'll also update you here if this feature is built in future. 

I would like to bill some clients with Net 30 terms. I would like a way to set each client's terms so when I invoice them, it automatically sets the respective payment terms. Currently, if I need Net 30, I have to change it manually on each invoice and I usually forget requiring me to go back and change an invoice that has already been sent. That makes me look unprofessional to my client.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @dfwactor

The Net Terms can only be set across all of the invoices within each location. You wouldn't be able to set terms to the specific client. I would like to send this over to our Invoices Team as a feature request. This is great feedback on our platform!