x

New Square Online Store with Existing Weebly Customer

I'll try to make this as clear as possible, but it may help to reference my website amdsoap.com for clearer understanding.

My current website uses Weebly website builder (to my own domain). However I don't have enough online sales to justify spending several hundred dollars a year for the full business package, so I downgraded after trying it for a year. I've now set up my website so that my store page is an external link to my Square store.

The problem I have now is that I can't login to the new store integration, I get this message:

While we work to make our Square inventory sync feature available to existing Weebly users, you can update your website by logging in here.

Which takes me to Weebly login, which takes me to the website builder dashboard... which does absolutely nothing to help me for the new store integration.

Do I need to create new accounts for Square and Weebly? I really don't want to upgrade my Weebly account, because my business isn't enough to support it.

Do I need to cancel my Weebly account and use only the new Square? I'm ok with this expense as it's about the same price to use my domain as Weebly is, but I'm not ok with having to rebuild all of my content.

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for posting and I believe I have the solution. You should be able to log out of your Weebly Account and then try to link your Online site to our new Weebly Powered Online Site by going to your Square Online Overview Page Online Store > Go to your new online store. This will take you to a Weebly page edit, but it will be linked directly to your Square account. Many of our features will sync up for free, so you should not need to pay right away. You can also check what comes in our free tier and our paid tiers here.

For quick reference on pricing, our paid tiers are:

• Free Site - $0/month
  • "Professional" tier - $12/month
  • "Performance" tier - $26/month
  • "Premium" tier - $72/month 

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for posting and I believe I have the solution. You should be able to log out of your Weebly Account and then try to link your Online site to our new Weebly Powered Online Site by going to your Square Online Overview Page Online Store > Go to your new online store. This will take you to a Weebly page edit, but it will be linked directly to your Square account. Many of our features will sync up for free, so you should not need to pay right away. You can also check what comes in our free tier and our paid tiers here.

For quick reference on pricing, our paid tiers are:

• Free Site - $0/month
  • "Professional" tier - $12/month
  • "Performance" tier - $26/month
  • "Premium" tier - $72/month 

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

AshleyK
Message 2 of 29

This did not work, it would take me to the Weebly editor for my domain (weebly website builder), not for the free square editor. I was finally able to resolve the issue by creating a new email address and changing my Square login.

Message 3 of 29

So I followed Ashley's advice. I logged out of Weebly. Went to my Square Dashboard ->Online Store ->Go to your new online store and this is the message I receive:

Early access for new users only

While we work to make our Square inventory sync feature available to existing Weebly users, you can update your website by logging in here.

Any questions? Our Support Team is ready to help.

When I log in, it does not give me the option for a free tier, just a $12 tier wherein I have to pay an additional 3% on items I sell in addition to a fee I have to pay to Square.

In addition, other food trucks in Detroit are claiming they have unlimited items they can sell paying no fee per month, but were not Weebly customers previously.

Message 4 of 29

Hi, hope I am not doubling down on questions/answers.  This whole Weebly website builder and Square Online Store thing is pretty confusing.

I am new to both, started by creating a Square account for our brick and mortar shop which we will open soon.  We want to have a proper website with blog, and other features as well as to sell our products online.

I then proceeded to creating a Square Online Store thinking I would get access to Weebly's themes, but I was surprised when I was not able to do so.  Then I try going directly to Weebly.com, but it keeps taking me to Square Online Store.

How can I use Weebly's themes? do I really need to create a whole different Weebly account using a different email address to Square's? if so, then how do I link it all together?

Sorry, super confused here!

Thank you all!

David

Message 5 of 29
Admin

Hi @slowwell- no worries! Glad to have you here.

One thing I want to make sure is clear is that there aren't any additional themes or templates that you get from upgrading to a different Weebly version. So if you head to your Square Dashboard and go to the Online Store tab there, you should be able to access your Weebly account.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 29
Beta Member

Thanks for this information. It is very helpful. The big question I have is will my items and categories sync with the new square online store? 

Message 7 of 29
Super Seller Alumni

AshleyK,

I have used Weebly since2016, bhpltdohio.com.  I'd like to know if my product images would transfer from my current website to a new Square Online site?

Message 8 of 29

Hi @ber - Alanah here, stepping in for AshleyK👋

I would recommend reaching out to our Square Online Store Support Team to confirm whether or not this is possible. They can also help answer any other questions you may have about transitioning your website from Weebly to the new Square Online Store.

When you have a moment, please contact Support here.

Violet
Message 9 of 29

I have had my Weebly website for several years and just set up my online store through Square, but Weebly is saying that unless I upgrade to a tier, I miss out on many features of the online store. How do I fix this and is this a Square issue or a Weebly one? Thanks!

Message 10 of 29

Hi there, @monkeytruck! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here. So sorry for the confusion surrounding your Online Store.

You are correct - Weebly offers a few different tiers you can opt into to customize your site to your specific business needs! To give you a run down of each tier, I've merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers also looking for subscription information regarding a Weebly-based Online Store. This Best Answer from AshelyK will be helpful here.

Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding Online Store tiers; I will do my best to answer. Cheers!  

Joe
Message 11 of 29

Thank you so very much!

Message 12 of 29

I'm having the same problem: Existing Weebly website free... created Square online store but can't seem to connect them. Can't I just activate the Square store somehow... then add the link to that page from my Weebly Product page?  But it won't give me the option to connect or activate?  Also, it seems that I've created 2 square stores accidentally because every time i try to log into Weebly, it takes me to Square!! So frustrating.

Message 13 of 29

Good luck! I bypassed Square store altogether and now I use Foodtruck.pub. Not sure what type of business you are but I don’t have time to deal with glitchy square in the middle of food truck season. 

Message 14 of 29

I fixed the problem by creating a Gmail address to use for my Square account (I setup the Gmail account to forward to my preferred email so that I don't miss orders and Square emails.). It fixed the issue of conflicting logins between Weebly and Square. On my paid Weebly site, my store page is just an external link to the free Square store. I don't get enough online orders to pay for the Weebly biz package (and have more items than the personal store allows), I tried it and lost money.

Message 15 of 29

Hi! I am having the same issue of not having enough biz to even justify having a weebly account. Just wanted to see if you may have deleted your weebly account and if you ended up just using square by itself? If so, do you like it? I hardly use weebly and find it ridiculous how much I get charged yearly, when it seems square is more user friendly.

Any thoughts? @Amdsoap 

Message 16 of 29

I use the free Weebly account (although I do pay for a custom domain thru them, but you don't have to).  But if you don't want to do a Weebly website, I've seen a lot of people do a SquareUp website as a standalone.

Message 17 of 29

@HatCreek I use Weebly personal plan, and then setup my store page as an external link to the free Square store. It's an easy phone call to Weebly customer service, they were super helpful getting my paid plan downgraded.

Message 18 of 29

@Amdsoap  Thank you so much! That is extremely helpful information and I will be contacting them to do the same.

Message 19 of 29

Have Weebly 'Store' page set up (items library) and wish to know steps to do in existing Square account settings in order to begin accepting online payments. Will Google Pay and Apple Pay also work as Weebly allows me to enable these platforms? Also, I read from earlier thread about not using same email for both Weebly and Square. Is this still in effect?

Message 20 of 29
Admin

Hey @taxball!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Before creating a new account with a new email, please take a look at @AshleyK's best answer for some instruction an insight.  I would also encourage you to take a look at this Support Center article, and the comments within this thread. 

Just to be clear, you're looking to not start over with a whole new site, but you want to use the Square Online Store so that Square and your current store are connected? The Square Online Store comes with Google and Apple pay capability. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 21 of 29