x

New Square Terminal release date in Australia?

I was just wondering when the new Terminal will be available in Australia?
It looks perfect for my needs. I was considering upgrading my set up with the ipad stand etc but was told about this new terminal which will make that obsolete. 
Please can we get them here??!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Admin

Hey @Cinnamonbell,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're also super keen to get Terminal released in Australia as soon as we are able - it's certainly an impressive piece of hardware and we think it'd be perfect for the Australian market.

That said, it's only just been released in the US, and it's going to take a while before we're able to localise it for an Australian launch. While we don't have an ETA to share at the moment, in the long term getting Terminal released in Australia is a high priority for us 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 17

Hi Sheamus,

What is the compatibility if we purchased a Square Terminal FM the US and shipped it into AUS? 

Will the reader work and if not, what complications are there such would impede its usability to import one from the US.

Kind regards,

Dangar

Message 3 of 17
Admin

Hey @rtf10fsb,

Unfortunately an imported Square Terminal won't be functional in Australia, due to the fact that Terminal is yet to go through the approval process as a card processing device in Australia. We're working on though!

We don't have an ETA for Terminal's release in Australia at the moment, but we're keen to bring it here as soon as we can.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 17

Folks, I'd suggest the Australian queue for getting "Terminal" is getting very long. I'm currently using the standard Square reader for one aspect of my sporting organsiation and I'm looking for something stand alone for its bar. Terminal appears to fit the bill perfectly. I had contemplated PayPal but after an abysmal and forgetful experience with them, I'm not going there. But I am getting desparate and I did hear we may see them later in the year. My question is, can I express an interest so I can be contacted when they are available?

Dayle... 

Message 5 of 17
Admin

Hey @Daylef,

I'll be sure to give everyone who has enquired via this thread a heads up once Terminal is released in Australia! You'll also receive an email notification.

While we don't have an exact release date for Australia yet, we're not anticipating stock shortages. But I'll give you a heads up anyway if you're looking for one ASAP at launch 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 17
Super Seller

@Seamus very interested in Terminal, eager to switch to Square as soon as it's available in Australia

Message 7 of 17
Admin

I'll make sure to ping you as well @Smithward 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 17

Hi @Seamus,

If you could add us to the notification list too please!

Message 9 of 17
Admin

Will do @SLSLE - I'm going to tag everyone who posts in this thread once Terminal launches, anyone with a Square account will get an email as well 😎👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 17
Admin

Square Terminal is available in Australia now!

Terminal costs $329, with the option to pay in monthly installments.

@Cinnamonbell @rtf10fsb @Daylef @Smithward @SLSLE 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 11 of 17

Thanks Sheamus.

Ordered the first one this morning

Dayle...

Message 12 of 17
Super Seller

Hi @Seamus 

Thanks for the tag.  Looking to order one now but also interested in the payment instalment option - can't see that during the purchase process?

Best wishes,

Smithward

Message 13 of 17
Admin

Hey @Smithward,

To access installments you'll need to make sure you're signed in to your Square account (as opposed to guest checkout) and get past the point of entering a delivery address (but before entering payment info). You'll then see these options:

EDIT: Square Terminal is now $329 as of May 2nd 2022!

Hop this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 14 of 17
Super Seller

Thanks @Seamus  😊

Message 15 of 17
Super Seller

Is there anywhere we can get hands-on with Terminal? I've tried at a couple of officeworks stores and they've had none opened and haven't been willing to open one. Just want to see it in action before switching. Changing our POS and EFTPOS is a big step in terms of effort and time and it would be good to see if Terminal is right for us before starting that process. We'd also like to consider whether to use Terminal with the existing Square POS or with Square for Restaurants

Thanks

Message 16 of 17
Admin

Hey @Smithward,

While we're not aware of anywhere that has demo units available, Terminal runs Square's POS app for Android phones - so if you have an Android phone simply download the Square POS app from the Google Play store and what you see here is how Terminal will function - though obviously Terminal also has built-in card reading capabilities and a receipt printer!

Note that Terminal is a stand-alone unit running our POS app and doesn't currently interface with another device running our POS app to be used as a card reader. You can log into an existing account on Terminal though to use as an additional POS device for your business.

Terminal does have some integration with Square for Restaurants - if an order is placed on a device running Square for Restaurants, Terminal can be used to take a payment for this order once a custom is ready to pay.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 17 of 17