x
Cinnamonbell

New Square Terminal release date in Australia?

I was just wondering when the new Terminal will be available in Australia?
It looks perfect for my needs. I was considering upgrading my set up with the ipad stand etc but was told about this new terminal which will make that obsolete. 
Please can we get them here??!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Re: New Square Terminal release date in Australia?

Hey @Cinnamonbell,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're also super keen to get Terminal released in Australia as soon as we are able - it's certainly an impressive piece of hardware and we think it'd be perfect for the Australian market.

That said, it's only just been released in the US, and it's going to take a while before we're able to localise it for an Australian launch. While we don't have an ETA to share at the moment, in the long term getting Terminal released in Australia is a high priority for us 🙂

Message 2 of 15
rtf10fsb

Hi Sheamus,

What is the compatibility if we purchased a Square Terminal FM the US and shipped it into AUS? 

Will the reader work and if not, what complications are there such would impede its usability to import one from the US.

Kind regards,

Dangar

Message 3 of 15
Admin

Hey @rtf10fsb,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Unfortunately an imported Square Terminal won't be functional in Australia, due to the fact that Terminal is yet to go through the approval process as a card processing device in Australia. We're working on though!

We don't have an ETA for Terminal's release in Australia at the moment, but we're keen to bring it here as soon as we can.

Message 4 of 15
Daylef

Folks, I'd suggest the Australian queue for getting "Terminal" is getting very long. I'm currently using the standard Square reader for one aspect of my sporting organsiation and I'm looking for something stand alone for its bar. Terminal appears to fit the bill perfectly. I had contemplated PayPal but after an abysmal and forgetful experience with them, I'm not going there. But I am getting desparate and I did hear we may see them later in the year. My question is, can I express an interest so I can be contacted when they are available?

Dayle... 

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Hey @Daylef,

I'll be sure to give everyone who has enquired via this thread a heads up once Terminal is released in Australia! You'll also receive an email notification.

While we don't have an exact release date for Australia yet, we're not anticipating stock shortages. But I'll give you a heads up anyway if you're looking for one ASAP at launch 👍

Message 6 of 15
Smithward

@Sheamus very interested in Terminal, eager to switch to Square as soon as it's available in Australia

Message 7 of 15
Admin

I'll make sure to ping you as well @Smithward 👍

Message 8 of 15
SLSLE

Hi @Sheamus,

If you could add us to the notification list too please!

Message 9 of 15
Admin

Will do @SLSLE - I'm going to tag everyone who posts in this thread once Terminal launches, anyone with a Square account will get an email as well 😎👍

Message 10 of 15