x
Admin

New beta ready to test: Automated Text Message Marketing Campaigns

Hello all!

I’m excited to announce an open beta for Automated Text Message Campaigns as part of the Square Beta Program.

We’ve heard your feedback and understand that leveraging SMS as a marketing channel is an important feature to have within Square Marketing. The team is working hard to build this out, and we need your help to test the first phase. To start, sellers that use Square Loyalty will be able to set automated marketing campaigns via text message to their Loyalty enrollees. We felt like this was a good place to begin because Square Loyalty uses phone numbers for enrollment, which means many customers already have their phone numbers in the database. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 11.10.29 AM.png

With this upcoming beta we are launching the ability to create five different campaigns targeted at your Loyalty enrollees within your Square Loyalty program:

• Remind customers they’re nearing a Loyalty reward
  • Remind customers about available Loyalty rewards
  • Celebrate customers’ Loyalty anniversary
  • Wish Loyalty customers a happy birthday
  • Bring back your lapsed Loyalty customers

To get access to these campaigns, you must be signed up to Square Loyalty and Square Marketing.

To join the beta, click Reply immediately below this post and leave a comment to let me know if you're interested. We plan to release this feature in the coming weeks. When it’s ready, I will post on this thread and I’ll enable it for your account by confirming with a like on your post.

Thank you for your interest— I’ll update you once the feature is ready.

Cheers,

Howard, The Square Beta Team

Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: New beta coming soon: Automated Text Message Marketing Campaigns

Best Answer

Thank you all for showing interest in testing Automated Test Message Campaigns for Square Loyalty. 

I am excited to announce this feature is now available all sellers subscribed to both Square Marketing and Square Loyalty. Feel free to start a 30-day free trial if you aren’t using Marketing and Loyalty already.

With these campaigns, you will be able to automatically reengage your customers to drive them to come back to your business.

To enable Automated Text Message Campaigns:  

1. Visit the Marketing tab in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create Campaign and select text message.
  3. Select from the five different Campaign types.
  4. Edit the message and coupon you wish to send.
  5. Review and then select Activate Now to enable this campaign.

These text campaigns will be automatically sent to all customers who meet the campaign audience criteria. You can always edit or cancel these messages via the Campaign section in the Marketing dashboard.

Please review our Support Center to learn more about Automated Text Message Campaigns.

Thank you for sharing feedback and helping us improve the product! 

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

Message 20 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Pesso Super Seller

This is amazing!! Please sign us up!

Message 2 of 35
Pesso Super Seller

Super excited to test it, @Howard !

Question about the Birthday Reward Text Message:
If we already have a birthday campaign set up in Email Marketing and we set up the Text one also, does that mean customers will receive two birthday rewards, or is it the same Coupon code sent both email & text but they can only redeem it once?

Thanks!
Pesso

Message 3 of 35
Highlighted
calebpdx

We would LOVE to be a part of the beta. I run for locations for a nonprofit retail business and a lot of customers prefer to be reached via text message. This is so perfect!

Message 4 of 35
jsiekiera

Amazing! Would love to try this. 

Message 5 of 35
rire

So exciting! Sign me up please 🙂

Message 6 of 35
Admin

Hello all!

I have exciting news! Automated Text Message Campaigns are ready to test!

If you have opted in, you can now send automated campaigns to existing Loyalty customers. With these campaigns, you will be able to automatically reengage your customers to drive them to come back to your business.

To enable Automated Text Message Campaigns:  

1. Visit the Marketing tab in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create Campaign and select text message.
  3. Select from the five different Campaign types.
  4. Edit the message and coupon you wish to send.
  5. Review and then select Activate Now to enable this campaign.

These text campaigns will be automatically sent to all customers who meet the campaign audience criteria. You can always edit or cancel these messages via the Campaign section in the Marketing dashboard.

Note: To use this feature, you must be subscribed to both Square Marketing and Square Loyalty. Feel free to start a 30-day free trial if you aren’t using Marketing and Loyalty already.

Please review our Support Center to learn more about Automated Text Message Campaigns.

By using this feature and providing us feedback, you can directly influence and improve the Square Loyalty and Square Marketing products. So please share your reactions and input.

If you have not opted into this beta already, reply immediately below this post and leave a comment to let me know if you're interested. I’ll enable it for your account by confirming with a like on your post.

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

Message 7 of 35
ThatPitaGuy

Sign me up! The Greek Pita Place

Message 8 of 35
rire

Thanks for letting me join in. What time do the text messages go out? I was just setting up a campaign then realized it's almost 1 am so I decided not to activate yet, just in case!

Message 9 of 35
Admin

@rire Thank you for your feedback!   We send messages in the middle of the day, no matter when you create your automated campaign. That being said, I undertsand your confusion and I will share this feedback with our product team. 

Message 10 of 35