x
Alumni

New in Customer Directory — add photos and files to your customer profiles!

Access more customer info at your fingertips.

We just released a new feature in Customer Directory to help you keep better records of your customers: profile attachments. You can now add photos and files to customer profiles, making it easier than ever to store all your customer information in one place.

Email_Image.png

Cut down on paper files and disorganized photo folders by keep track of before and after photos, records of custom work, waivers, contracts, and more, right in the point of sale.

Attachments can be added to a customer profile from the Square Point of Sale app, or from your online dashboard. In the app you can even take a picture right from a customer profile and have it saved right then and there.

Gif-smaller.gif

At this time, Directory supports .pdf .gif .jpg .jpeg and .png file types, and up to 100 files per profile. Each file cannot be larger than 20MB. [Note: Only upload files you have the rights to use. Do not use this feature to upload files containing illegal content or sensitive confidential information, including personal health information or credit card information.]

For more detailed instructions on how to use this feature, check out the Support Center. This feature is currently rolling out to all Square sellers, so if you don’t see it just yet, it should appear within the next week.

We’d love to hear your feedback or questions tell us what you think in the comments! And let us know how you’re using this feature or how else we can make Square Customer Directory more helpful for your business.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Why? Who asked for this? Have users been knocking on your door to asking to add profile pictures in customer directory? Why spend time on this and not loyalty, the product everyone is begging you for. 

Message 2 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Braeheid

Thanks for taking the time to post, and I'm happy to clarify the thought process behind this. 

To start, this is not a Profile Picture feature update, but rather a Profile Attachment update. I can see how the language and title can cause this to be misunderstood, so I'm sorry for the confusion around that. 

We’ve had a lot of feedback around sellers needing to have more customer details than our profile templates allow for, and with this update sellers are now able to attach multiple types of files (not just pictures) to a customer profile and access these files and the information contained in them quickly and at any time.

A good example of this would be a wedding planner attaching venue photos for a client to reference when viewing that customers profile, or a car body shop keeping before and after pictures of the work they've done for their records. 

In regards to Loyalty in Canada, there's nothing new to report around this, but if anything comes up we'll definitely post an update. We know it's a pretty highly requested feature for our Canadian sellers so hopefully we can get an update out for everyone soon. Thanks for being patient with us and sticking with us through this 👍🏼

Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

Hello, so I was once part of the free version and had requested this feature, unfortunately timing wise I took a step back to my old operating system, so to have this feature what are the full costs? And customers have this option when applying for an appointment? I run a tattoo business and need this to function properly before I switch over my whole team.

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Also how do I add this to the form that they are filling out for appointment? It should all be one process not them applying then getting sent an additional file for them to fill out. Customers want easy and if it’s not easy you lose them. Please explain I have reopened my free version and if I see this goes somewhere I’ll probably even upgrade. 

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @FearLessTattoos - Welcome back! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Currently, you can add photos and other files to your customer's profile in the Directory at no extra cost.

It sounds like you want your customers to have the ability to add photos or files to their appointment when they book online through your Square booking site. This piece would be considered a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community.

We appreciate your input 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Please add me to a mailing list once this feature is added it’s the only way I will convert fully over to square. The appointment form should be customizable and that feature should be available to add pictures and put a deposit. Thanks again. 

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

We like this feature. How far back will square keep this info?

Will it still be available 10 years down the line for reference?

I wish it could be attached to a specific transaction as well.

Message 8 of 9
Admin

@skiibum Thanks for your interest in this feature. There are plans to remove this information after a specific time.

I'll let the Directory team know that you'd like to add a file to a specific transaction. In the meantime, keep in mind you can add an attachment to a Square Invoice. If you add an attachment you'll be able to view it any time by selecting the specific Invoice from the Invoices tab of your Dashboard or from the Invoices section of the Point of Sale app.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 9