x

New location won't save because of Profile image error

I am adding a location but the details won't save. The error is "profile image should have content type image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png, image/x-png, image/gif."

I don't even need or want a checkout background image for this location but I can't save if I don't upload an image. 

However, I can't get it to save details with images I upload either. I followed the specs for 2328 x 1144, even tried 1818 x 1144. Also tried jpeg and png. 

Please help. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @WillowHavenFarm,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble creating a new location!

You shouldn't need to actually upload anything here - are you able to exit the location creation page giving you the error, then try creating the location again, and just don't upload anything in this field?

I checked my own demo account and none of the locations have images uploaded for checkout background - this should be optional 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

If I do not enter an image, I still get the same error and it won't let me save the new location. 

Message 3 of 6

It turns out that the logo image I was uploading was the problem but I don't see the specs for the logo so I don't know what is wrong with that image either. 

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@WillowHavenFarm I would recommend trying this from a different device or browser, but it does sound like you were able to get things working?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

I had this same issue.  The warning appears to be about the Profile Image, the big photo in the middle of the page, but it is actually about the logo uploads.  I just deleted the logos and it worked. Will try to upload a compliant logo image later.

Message 6 of 6