x

Why didn't the app prompt for a signature?

Today I used my square as normal for business but it did not ask for signatures as it has for the last year.

Is this something new that signatures aren't required for swiped credit cards?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi there!

Appologies for the confusion, but you are right that we recently introduced a new feature that allows you to skip the signature screen altogether after taking a payment. Because of the changes that have been taking place in the credit card industry, we have decided to give our sellers the option to either never collect, always collect or only collect signatures over $25.

The options to skip the signature screen for all payments are turned on by default, but can be adjusted within the app.

To adjust your signature settings in the Square Point of Sale app:

1. Tap the following icon in the navigation bar:Three Horizontal Lines
  2. Tap Settings > Signature & Receipt.
  3. Select whether youโ€™d like to Collect Signature for card payments. If so, you have the option to Always Collect or only Collect Signature Over $25.

Thank you so much for your question and you can learn more about your signature options in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Best Answer

Hi there!

Appologies for the confusion, but you are right that we recently introduced a new feature that allows you to skip the signature screen altogether after taking a payment. Because of the changes that have been taking place in the credit card industry, we have decided to give our sellers the option to either never collect, always collect or only collect signatures over $25.

The options to skip the signature screen for all payments are turned on by default, but can be adjusted within the app.

To adjust your signature settings in the Square Point of Sale app:

1. Tap the following icon in the navigation bar:Three Horizontal Lines
  2. Tap Settings > Signature & Receipt.
  3. Select whether youโ€™d like to Collect Signature for card payments. If so, you have the option to Always Collect or only Collect Signature Over $25.

Thank you so much for your question and you can learn more about your signature options in our Support Center

Message 2 of 5

I am also not getting Prompt for Signatures on the Ipad,  whereas I have selected Signatures always required.

I called the Square support also and the agent has opened a Ticket for this issue.

Rajiv

[personal information redacted]

Message 3 of 5

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: why didn't I get a prompt for a signature on a charge?

I did the test charge of $1 and didn't get a prompt for a signature. Will it ask for one on a real charge?

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hey there, @Jann7! Requiring a signature is a completely optional setting, especially because of the introduction of chipped cards, and their increased safety when processed correctly. 

I've moved your post over to this thread where @Wendyct explained how you can change this setting, if you'd like to require a signature upon purchase. Oh - and welcome to the Seller Community ๐ŸŽ‰

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5