x

ORDER on square register

Is there any update coming where we can make an order on the square register? Currently this can only be done in the back office or on the ipad app, but not the register.  This is needed.  I have customers in-store that order items (either out stock item or special order).  When using square register,  it does not go to my orders screen.  

Also any chance of getting customer name and number on receipt?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

No update as of yet but we'll make an announcement when order creation comes to the Register

Customer name will be captured in transaction details if the card issuer allows, but won't be visible on receipts. Phone numbers won't be captured at all and I haven't heard any news of this changing at the moment. 

@shawndell

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

It just blows my mind that ORDER is not on the register. How is the app so much more updated than the register that you sell?  If a customer is purchasing something while in store, I use the register.  If same customer is wanting to order something as well, I have to pull out the ipad to ring up the sale. 

And having an option for customer name and phone number print on sales receipt would be beneficial to so many business I would think.  Sometimes the customer is waiting for item to be ready.  Customer paid while order is being made.  (IE: coffee shop with customer waiting, pizza place with customer waiting, business that is printing something, etc)  Currently it is leaving the cashier or employee to remember who's order they are working on when it is ready. It would be easy to say customers name to come to counter to pick up.  I would say that Quickbooks Point of Sale is so much more beneficial is a lot of these areas. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi again, @shawndell - stepping in for Justin, here. We hear you, and we are cognizant that there is much room for improvement in regards to feature becoming increasingly available on the Square Register.

The Register is still one of our newer product offerings, so much so that Appointment had just been introduced on the Register in the past year. We know it can be frustrating to wait for specific features that can help your business in real time, but we appreciate you sticking with us.

I'm once again passing your feedback along to our Product Teams for visibility. Once we have a positive update to share in regards to Order Creation, we will reach back out to everyone here and let them know.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4