x

On one of my sales last week, I had a message "this is not my charge.😠". Phishing? How??

I had a message on one of my sales last week that seemed very unusual.  "This is not my charge."😠  Since I'm so new, I don't know how to respond to a msg.  However it seemed highly unlikely that my client was using a stolen card.  Is this phishing?  How did they send a message to me?

Lily

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Customers who receive a digital receipt are able to send you a message through Square. If you're uncertain if an email represents an actual reply from a customer, you can check this page. https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/feedback Any feedback submitted through Square will appear here. You can respond to the customer there as well.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hey @Englesl, thanks for flagging and sorry for the confusion!

It sounds like a receipt missed the mark, and this individual used our feedback feature (which is built into digital receipts) to send a message to you. To piggyback on @VanKalkerFarms's suggestion, you can also send the payment information to our Support Team directly. We'll be happy to take a closer look at specifics and make sure everything gets cleared up as soon as possible.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 3