x

One item (concert ticket with two price points) from one inventory (seats at a venue)

Hello,

1 concert ticket

Adult price $25

Student price $20

150 seats in the venue.

How do I inventory this?

The thread on modifiers doesn't seem to fit this scenario. 

I also would like to have clean reports on how many adult tix and student tix were sold.

Help please. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hello again @JazzYYC! Have you tried creating a separate item variation for the Adult price and another for the Student price? I recommend creating these from your online Dashboard. You can enter the stock levels (number of tickets) for each variation, and when you sell tickets your reporting will show sales for Adult vs Student tickets.

Or are you selling the tickets online? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

Hello Helen. We don't have a specific number of regular or student tickets. Together they equal the capacity of our room. For example; our venue is 150 seats. I need to charge two prices but each ticket must come from the same stock. There might be 150 regular ticket sold, or 150 student tickets sold but not 150 of each. Nor would it be 75 of each. I'd rather just have the 2 items come out of the same stock. 

I'm affraid the Discount % just won't work. We take $5 - $10 off of our regular ticket price for students, not a % per se. 

Any solutions possible for this scenario?

Message 3 of 5

Hello @JazzyYYC! 

I think the best option depends on the frequency of your concerts and how many people are selling tickets. Our Inventory will allow you to continue to sell an item even if the count hits zero. 

If you have one person selling tickets, what you could do is setup an item called tickets with two variations of regular and student. Each variation would have a stock of 150, since it could be all adults or all students. Since you'll rarely hit zero in either variation, I'd recommend using tally counter so you don't sell 151 tickets on accident. You would have to update the inventory count before each show.

This should keep your reports simple. It might be more challenging if you have more than one person selling tickets. 

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Got a solution that may work for this...

You have 150 seats in inventory

Regular price say is $60 per seat

Create dollar Discount for students

Meaning under the discount section create a discount for $5 or $10 and label them why you give that person the discount.

this should reduce your inventory of the 150 seats plus let you charge different amounts for each seat.  

The % option probable will not work for you but you can also choose a dollar amount to reduce the actual price.

Hope this helps

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5