x

Online Checkout - Error Messages for Customer

Hi all 

We send all payment links to our clients through the Square app. This whole week, we’ve had clients say that the links haven’t been working - some eventually do after a few days of having to resend them. 

However, is there a known issue for those who are using phones that are not Apple? I have a few clients who keep having an error message when clicking on the link.  I’ve attached a picture of the error message below:

A156F179-52B2-4F79-B0D6-321E629783E9.jpeg

can someone help? We do not know what to do and really do not want to have to ask for a bank transfer instead. 

thanks. 

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @PawsandMe! Thanks for flagging this to us, that definitely sounds frustrating alright.

Can you share a checkout link that is displaying the error message above? I'll investigate why this may be happening further on my end. 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 6

Hi

One example of roughly 15 links that are not working:

https://square.link/u/Rb5TCMq8

I can open this link, so can my colleague. However it appears customers with phones that ARE NOT iPhones are unable to open links at all.  

It means we are carrying out services without payment of roughly £150+ now. I tried to log this as an issue last week on social media but it wasn’t helpful at all. 

thank you 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for that @PawsandMe. We have received some reports of checkout links throwing the error you have received above and our engineering team has opened a ticket for this issue. I have attached your case to said ticket for further investigation.

I'll make sure to update you here with any additional information I may receive as our team works on this. 

Message 4 of 6

Hi

is there any update with this at all?

i initially logged the issue two weeks ago on Facebook, and it’s not been ideal when running a business and trying to collect the payments. 

many thanks

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi @PawsandMe, I don't have an update to share here just yet, unfortunately. 

I understand how important it is to have your checkout links functioning all the time, so as soon as I have more information, I'll be sure to update you here. 

Thanks for bearing with us. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 6 of 6