x

Online Dashboard Suggestions

After adding about 200 items to our inventory over the last three nights, I've come up with some suggestions that would make this a heck of a lot easier and less time consuming.

1. First, when you click "Create Item" have the cursor start in the "Item Name" text field.

2. An option to 'Duplicate an Item".  For instance, we have items that sell for one price as a single item but a different price when purchased in bulk.  Duplicating the item but changing the price and category would save tons of time and eliminate potential typos, etc.

3. Ability to switch locations on-the-fly without having to logout/login.

I think that's it for now. If any of these are already available please disregard but let me know how to do it 🙂

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @KrakenCove!

For one of these about switching the location, you can actually toggle between them without logging out on the Dashboard!

On the homepage, there should be a little dropdown menu on the top right somewhere that will show what location it's on and you can toggle between the other locations there too.

As for the other things, I definitely see how those would be helpful and I'm happy to pass them along to our Dashboard team for future improvements. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the response.  I know about switching locations in the online dashboard.  I should have been more clear though.  I want a way to switch when using a phone at a physical location.  For instance, when we are at the Orange Park market I want to use that location (so we can track sales at that market), then the next day switch to Ormond Beach, etc.  It would be easier if we could just hit a drop down (like the online dashboard).

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@KrakenCove Oh I see!

I was thrown off because it said "Dashboard Suggestions". Thank you for clarifying!

That's actually a really popular feature request. There's threads existing in the Community already for it if you'd like to search it and add your feedback so the Product Team can see how many sellers are asking for it. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4