x

Online Ordering has missing item issue

I've been trying to fix this issue for days now and can't figure it out. I'm building a site to promote my knife sharpening business. To bolster income I will also be offering some nominal sales of knives as well (all within Square's TOS guidelines). 

My inventory right now consists of 3 physical items and 1 service item. The 3 physical items are in the "Culinary Knives" category. The service item I named "Knife Sharpening" is under the category "Sharpening". All items are listed as being visible. While in edit mode all three knives show up under the Culinary category and the knife sharpening box shows up under the Sharpening category as I want. But, when I go preview mode, the Sharpening category is missing and the knife sharpening item box isn't there. The box for the category Sharpening that asks to hide it or not is NOT checked off. 

Oddly enough, Knife Sharpening Item does show in my Featured Items and functions as I would like so far. I've asked about this in a few different forums, but I'm not connecting with the right people to help me fix this yet. This is one of the final issues I need to fix before I'm ready to publish and go live. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

HI, you posted a screenshot on another post which shows you are using the Order Online Restaurant Features Menu Format template.  If you try the Shop All Retail Format template many options may be available.  (Menu Format is for a bakery, cafe etc.)

Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, click Page: Home down arrow, hover over Shop All click the 3 little dots, select Switch Template from dropdown, popup Switch Page Type select Shop All (Retail Features).

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 7.41.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 7.42.05 AM.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 3

Yes!!! That helped a lot!!! Now both my services and physical items are showing on my Online Order menu. However, once a client selects my service, I want them to schedule a drop-off time within a certain slot during my business hours. My wife works from home, and because of this, I cannot have my phone ringing randomly throughout the day. To make it more convenient to contact me, I would like to offer as many other options as possible. 

This was the whole reason why I added my sharpening service to the items list instead of using Appointments. Currently, I can only accept orders dropped off and then to be picked up later once I'm done. Currently 24hrs. 

Message 3 of 3