x

Online / POS Quantities Changing HELP

Hello Community, We are a small business with a Square/Weebly online store as well the Square register for our brick and mortar. We are having continuous issues with quantities on both our online store and register reverting to a dash "-". This is allows our online shoppers to purchase multiple items of a one a kind item. This is a huge issue. As I mentioned, most of our items are one of kind. I have contacted Square on several occasions and the implication is that "we" are not doing something correctly but they can't explain what. Has anyone else had or is having this issue? Maybe you can help guide us in the correct the the direction.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi, you need to track stock on each individual item.  When the system has -- in the Stock column, the system recognizes as unlimited inventory.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 12.15.25 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Hi, you need to track stock on each individual item.  When the system has -- in the Stock column, the system recognizes as unlimited inventory.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 12.15.25 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5

Hello Goldneye, thank you for the feedback. It issue is the tracking is randomly being turned off. We'll go in and turn tracking back on and a few days it is turned off? If we're doing something to cause this, we can't figure out what. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 5

Hello,

We are having exactly the same issue! When adding new one-of-a-kind items today, we noticed that the tracking on our older listings was suddenly turned off. If we turned tracking back on & added stock, the stock showed twice the number available. If we changed the number to the correct number, then the stock showed as --. 

Also, when adding the new listings, they showed up twice in inventory: one with a stock of 1, one with a stock of --. When we deleted one listing, both disappeared. 

We have been using Square for years with hardly any issues, but something screwy is definitely going on. And when it concerns stock amounts & multiple customers purchasing a single item, that reflects on our reputation as a reliable small business. 

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TelltaleDress - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

I can see how this could be frustrating while trying to update inventory.

I'm happy to assist with this issue. This seems like a matter that our engineers may need to take a deeper look into to prevent in the future.

Would you by chance have any pictures or screenshots of this occurrence? 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5