x
Beta Member

Online Scheduled Orders not printing

orders that are entered by our customers outside of our business hours but scheduled later (during biz hrs) are not printing.

@ryanwanner You were such a help last time, I'm pestering you again. Order today entered by customer at 8 am, for 11:30 pickup...never printed. hence the great scramble commences when they arrive. I had to reinstall the app if you recall, is there a tab i missed? Accept automatically is ON

Allow scheduled...is On

15 minutes is time frame for pickup

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Admin

@TheRidge Helen here from the Community team. Hopefully @ryanwanner can jump in to help too but if you reinstalled the app you might need to re-enable your printer settings for remote orders:

From the Point of Sale app on your iPad: 

1. Navigate to Settings > tap Remote Orders.
  2. Toggle Print New Remote Orders on.
  3. Tap Printers and select your connected printer.
  4. Turn Order Tickets on and enable the item categories you’d like available for pickup.

If the orders still aren't printing definitely give us a call Monday or reply here so we can escalate this to our team to take a close look! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 36
Beta Member

Don’t have those options...when tap remote orders only option is automatically print orders. Regarding setting up printers, it’s also just standard settings. 

Should the custom or auto assigned be on? We’re on custom.

all Categories that are on available thru online store & app (PoppinPay) are on. When we go to ipad to check orders, we can only print receipt. Not a kitchen ticket. Lead time is 15 minutes & understood that 15 minutes prior to p/u order would print. 

Thx

Message 3 of 36
Admin

@TheRidge Have you (re)create a printer station for both your receipt printer and your kitchen printer from your iPad? If you haven't created a printer station for your kitchen printer you will need to do this. From Setings > Printers > tap Create Printer Station > select your kitchen printer and do a print test too if you can. You could also make sure your kitchen printer has paper in it (sorry, just trying to cover all the bases here!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 36
Beta Member

Yes we have. All work just fine. It’s only scheduled Orders causing the issue. Anything during 11a-8:30p... prints fine. Even scheduled will print if same day. Actually doing one now.

Thx

Message 5 of 36
Admin

Can you reply here with the details of an scheduled order that didn't print? If you can provide the receipt number/order number, and the date and time the order was scheduled for that would be great. (You can see the order number from the Orders section of your Dashboard - it's a mix of upper and lower case letters.)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 36
Beta Member

I replied with screenshots & volumes of text. Naturally it was to “no-reply” address. Running test order tonight will reply back with details.

i can say it appears that it’s PoppinPay scheduled Orders not printing. But they’re quick to punt it back to Square.

Message 7 of 36
Beta Member

Anyone else having an issue with scheduled orders printing? 

Neither PoppinPay or online store will print if scheduled.

Not in prep time window (15 minutes ahead).

only orders that print are during normal hours, picked up ASAP.

thx for any help.

Message 8 of 36
Admin

Hi again @TheRidge. Really sorry that you're still running into this issue! Did you give our CS team a call about this yet? They can escalate this to our engineers for you.

If you don't have time to call I can start an email case for you - just let me know. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 36
Beta Member

Wanted to follow up

1) thanks for your help

2) called good conversation but reality is sceheduled orders won’t print. They only show up in order scene. 

3) PoppinPay throws everything back in Square’s lap. 

4) Here are some orders in question:

bSpR thru PP, no print

zXU1 they online store, no print

ARrZ thru PP...CHARGED CUSTOMER TWIICE, 2nd Order got refunded before I could capture number. Not sure if customer entered twice b/c 1 order had 1st order discount, other didn’t.

thanks again

Message 10 of 36
Admin

@TheRidge Oh, sorry the screenshots didn't load but thank you for calling and for those order details. Can you share what PoppinPay said about what Square needs to look at? That would be great so I can indicate to our engineers you have been working with PoppinPay already — and it'll also show our team how far PoppinPay got! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 36
Beta Member

“Print functionality is outside of PoppinPay's control and support.

Please contact Square support.”

That was PP answer. 

Needless to say, things went downhill from there.

If this conversation is going on w/ PP...an address capture would be awesome also. Then app would/could work for delivery. Address is only thing missing. We can’t capture from saved customer either. Can’t rely on customer to remember to type it in either. 
Thx
Message 12 of 36
Admin

Thanks @TheRidge! I've started a ticket with our engineers so they can investigate on the backend. I'll report back as soon as I have any udpates. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 13 of 36
Beta Member

Thx!

Message 14 of 36
Admin

@TheRidge I'm back with a follow up question: in the past, what time were these orders printing? As soon as you signed back to the app at the start of the day? Or have you never been able to get scheduled orders to print? And do you close the app/iPad and sign out every night? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 15 of 36
Beta Member

We’re working from memory here but as we recall, the order would print 15minutes (our prep time) in advance. Sometimes 10-12 but just prior to pickup. 

They aren’t now.

Those could have been scheduled & received during business  hours. Never has PP printed scheduled except during business hours

(ordered after open, p/u prior to close)= business hours

We do close app every night. Don’t logout just close.

i hope that helps

Message 16 of 36
Admin

Thank you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 17 of 36
Admin

@TheRidge Our team made a change on the backend a few minutes ago that should fix this. Can you let me know tomorrow/later this week if scheduled orders still aren't printing? Thanks again for your patience with this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 18 of 36
Beta Member

Thanks.

I’ll run one tonight during “closed” hours for pickup tomorrow on both online store & PP.

I’ll let you know tomorrow 

Message 19 of 36
Admin

👍

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 36
Beta Member

Order #psP4 was scheduled for 11:30 today via online store last night. 11:30 came & went, no printing 

Also a PP order was scheduled at same time. PP order says “payment received via external api. No number

Neither printed 

Message 21 of 36