x
Beta Member

Online Scheduled Orders not printing

orders that are entered by our customers outside of our business hours but scheduled later (during biz hrs) are not printing.

@ryanwanner You were such a help last time, I'm pestering you again. Order today entered by customer at 8 am, for 11:30 pickup...never printed. hence the great scramble commences when they arrive. I had to reinstall the app if you recall, is there a tab i missed? Accept automatically is ON

Allow scheduled...is On

15 minutes is time frame for pickup

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Admin

@TheRidge Thank you (again again) for all your patience with this! I just heard back from the engieering team and they are working to improve the Orders section of the app. Part of those improvements will include a fix for the issue you're experiencing.

In the meantime they asked if you could try not closing the app and see if these scheduled orders print the next day. Let me know how it goes! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 22 of 36
Beta Member

No prob. May be a day or 2 b4 I get back to you. Do you know if order will be hanging (print when placed) or print in timeframe of our prep time (15 minutes prior)?

Hanging is better, if it comes up.

Thx

Message 23 of 36
Admin

Thank you! No rush. 

The orders should print the following day - not sure if they'll print 15 minutes prior or as soon as you wake up your iPad. I'll check for you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 24 of 36
Admin

@TheRidge I just confirmed - the order should print in the prep time timeframe you set (15 minutes before if that's what you've set it to)!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 25 of 36

I am using Square Restaurants w. online store from weebly.

My online orders are not printing or seem to randomly be printing.  I tested one with my own cc earlier today and it immediately printed to the kitchen.    But other online orders seem to sit in my Orders section waiting for someone to notice it and select> Order in Progress - then it prints.

I have triple checked the printer settings and more and now am wondering if the orders for another time are the ones not printing.

Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated.

All printers set to >Automatically Print Orders

Message 26 of 36

I have same issue today. I am using square for restaurant and it randomly print or not.

It just started today. It is very stressful to check in order section and seems like it is not only my problem.

Please let us know what is wrong.

Message 27 of 36

I have had five long calls with Square support.   And I appreciate how nice and patient they were however I am now convinced there is a bug or some embedded setting causing this to happen.

I just disabled the ability to order for a later time as I thought there must be some logic that determines when this order is sent to Square or some type of data element/tag that is holding this in the Order Que.

For example I can not take a sale over the counter for say pickup at a later time.... so what is the trigger that makes the order either transfer to Square or sit in the Order Que.

I have personally spent about 8 hours back and forth and stressing about people standing outside our restaurant waiting for orders that they have paid for... that we have not even started to prepare.

I have the latest Square App and updated Ios and my printers are all hardwired- not wifi.   

I am sure that others are having this problem.

Will be testing the delayed online order tomorrow.   

Message 28 of 36
Admin

Hi @blakeadesigns- I know you mentioned that you were in touch with our Square support team. But have you tried connecting with the Weebly support team as well? They should have a bit more insight for you regarding this issue.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 29 of 36

I thought they were the same.

Anyway I did get it fixed by deleting the application and reinstalling it.

Then reinstalling printers.
It was the same version of the app so not sure why.

Anyway I did find variance in the time from the online order to the time the order is to be ready.

Example.

Order placed at 10.52am and order time is set to 15 minutes
Order says will be ready at 11.15.

Need to review tickets but may be selecting even times.   If so it should note that.

Message 30 of 36

So, you uninstall and reinstall the square restaurant app and setup the printer again in the square app? and works fine?

Message 31 of 36

Yes but it took 8 calls and about 6 hours of trial and error to get to that suggestion and action.

Message 32 of 36
Square Community Moderator

@blakeadesigns thanks for trying that! I'm not surprised that deleting/reinstalling worked as while it is the same app version, deleting/reinstalling clears the cache of that app and allows it to basically have a fresh start. 

@jcho0829 yes, that should also work for you too!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 33 of 36

I just got off the phone with square. we have the exact same issue. All orders print as they should except scheduled online orders.

We are running the following devices:

x2 ipad air ME997LL/B (IOS version 12.5)

x1 vankyo z1 (Android version 10)

The support technician and I checked the tablet versions.

The IOS versions seemed to be outdated as well as the Android version. However there are no updates available for those devices. The technician told me it's most likely because they are older devices.

We also checked the square version on all devices which are up to date.

I disabled  scheduled orders on our website. I hope someone can come up with a solution because it seems unreasonable to invest in 3 new tablets because of this problem.

Thank you.

Message 34 of 36
Beta Member

Do the orders not print at the beginning of prep window? 10, 20, etc minutes ahead?

Message 35 of 36

No they don't. But I am guessing it's because my front staff got a notification on their tablet when they placed the scheduled order and they accidentally marked it as ready before the the prep time window. I am assuming that's why it didn't print. I have disabled the order notifications on the front tablets to see if that was the case. I am just waiting on a scheduled order to come in.

Message 36 of 36