x

Online Store: In Stock Items are Grayed Out

I run a clothing store and add variations to my products as I'm sure most of the sellers do but I'm having one issue with the website I'm having trouble overlooking. 

When you click the arrow to pull up the options of which one you want to pick they're grayed out and the out of stock options are the more visible color in bold black. I feel like this is reversed and it's confusing my clients. 

They're messaging me asking if items are in stock b/c they show "out of stock" on the website strictly because they're grayed out. Can we maybe change that? Either reverse it or make the out of stock items a faded red or add a strike through them or something so it makes more sense to view? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Square Community Moderator

@DTC84 Are you able to send a screenshot of what you're seeing? In stock items should not be light gray/hard to see, so I want to get a good visual of what you and your customers are experiencing. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 21

Hey Ashley! 

Yes I can. Im realizing right now it does not show that way on mobile but does on desktop view. Im always at my desktop at work. I'm about to head back to work now and will try to get you a screenshot though of my view of it! Thank you! 

Message 3 of 21

It wasn't posting originally but think it has allowed us to now.

Message 4 of 21

Finally got it to upload!Finally got it to upload!

Message 5 of 21

Thank you so much!! I tested this on my computer and it seems to be behaving better on other browsers like Chrome and Safari, but I'm able to reproduce it on Firefox. For this, I would recommend calling into Weebly Support to see if they can file a ticket with engineering. It doesn't seem like that drop down should be displaying such similar colors on a different browser. 

AshleyK
Message 6 of 21

Ok thank you! I use Google Chrome from my workplace. I just happened to be at my mothers computer to send it and it is Firefox with her. I see it the same on both though but I will contact Weebly. I appreciate your assistance and getting back with me. 

Message 7 of 21
Beta Member

I have this same issue with my square online store while using Chrome, the out of stock items are more visible and the in stock items are grayed out.

Message 8 of 21

I'm sorry to hear that! Are you using Firefox like @DTC84 was? If so, you will need to also contact Support so they can add you onto the same bug.

Also, welcome to the Seller Community!!

AshleyK
Message 9 of 21
Beta Member

No, I use Chrome

Message 10 of 21

Ah, I see. Sorry that I missed that earlier! It looks like @DTC84 has an active case with engineering right now, though for their account it was fixed on Chrome. Can I verify your URL? This may be something that needs to go to engineering as well, but I will check on a few other things before confirming that.

AshleyK
Message 11 of 21
Beta Member

my url is sunrisegiftshop.com

Message 12 of 21

@sunrise2020 looking at your site on Chrome, I see that the in stock items are in black and the out of stock items are in gray. Am I missing something else? Do you have a screenshot of what you're seeing?

AshleyK
Message 13 of 21
Beta Member

@AshleyK This is what I see when I use chrom and I am looking at the product "Hand & Body Bar Soap" the dark names are out of stock and the gray names are in stock. Here is a screenshot of what I see.2021-06-11 (4)

Message 14 of 21
Beta Member

@AshleyK here is the screenshot. Cedar & Amber, is an out of stock item. So is Coconut Dream and Heart to Heart.

2021-06-11 (4).png

Message 15 of 21

Hi @sunrise2020 Stepping in for @AshleyK whiles she's out of office. 

This is what I see in Chrome (mac). Do you happen to know what browser version you are using? 

And this is what I see for Firefox. The text is definitely lighter than in Chrome, but I'm not able to select any of the items that are out of stock: 

Message 16 of 21
Beta Member

@BernadetteA, the screenshot I sent in the messages you replied to is from Chrome on windows. 

Message 17 of 21

It's definitely odd! I don't have a Windows device to test, but can you try checking the page in a private or incognito window? I wonder if it might be an intermittent cache issue happening?

Message 18 of 21

I sent in another email to Victoria. She said my reply opened a new case for some reason and the photo never showed up in the original email I had sent.  

I resent the photo to her last email response but have not heard back from their end as of yet. She was looking into the issue and there may be an active case yes. I just havent heard anything on my end yet either

Message 19 of 21

I can see your point in the example you state - there is no point if I disagree on this or not - of course what you say in this case makes sense but not all

Message 20 of 21

Thanks for reaching out, @category_men 

Are you showing the same behavior as the other two sellers on this thread? Can you please confirm the device and browser you are using? 

Message 21 of 21