x
Super Seller Alumni

Online Store Tweaks

Hey all.  After losing all of our catering business, we've had to transition to home delivery until everything gets back to normal.  We didn't have a need for an online store until this happened.  Some things I'd like to see changed to help things flow a little better are the following:

1. Delivery without pick up option- We do not have a store front, and only offer delivery with the online store.  We currently have to use the shipping option since delivery and pick up aren't separate.  It's definitely not ideal.  Just a sloppy workaround.  
  2. Future delivery dates- With us being a catering business, we are not set up for restaurant style service.  We take orders during a time period and deliver them on a separate day.
  3.  Order minimums- We currently don't have minimums, but that will change when the economy opens up again. There currently is no option to set an online minimum.  I know when we add delivery (currently shipping) fees, that will weed people out, but not all of them.

I know things take time, and I understand that Square has many other projects, but I hope this is something that can be addressed soon. 
Thank you for always listening to your customers! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller Alumni

This would probably be a little more complicated, but I'd also like to be able to set a static delivery address. We have warehouses that we deliver to, and I'd like to be able to set up a page where they don't have to enter that info in every single time.

Message 2 of 9
Admin

@ACAcatering Appreciate the feedback! I'm sorry to hear about your catering business, but I'm glad you've been able to figure out a way to do a bit of supplementing in the mean time.

One thing to note: Delivery and Pickup can now be separated. Hopefully that helps with your current set up now.

It looks like the Weebly team is actively working on scheduling future delivery dates, so hopefully that gets implemented sooner rather than later. 

As for your other points, I can bubble that up as feedback to the team. 

Let us know if there's anything else you find that would be helpful to you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 9

Can you set minimums on shipping items in the cart as well?

Message 4 of 9
Square Community Moderator

It is not possible to set minimums on shipped items at this time, but we definitely appreciate the inquiry. 

Are you looking for a site-wide or cart total minimum, or something more granular like specific items requiring a minimum? 

Message 5 of 9

Probably just the cart meeting a minimum. ie. 50 minimum to ship (+ shipping fixed cost 12.95) = 62.95 minimum order.

Message 6 of 9

Thanks! I'll make sure to pass this feedback along to the teams. 

Message 7 of 9

Please!! Allow us to setup Order $$$ or Order Qty minimums, or both for shipping orders. I can no longer allow shipping of an item for $.79 and ship that across the country and make it worth it. This is not a hard thing to do, please get this done. 

Message 8 of 9

Thank you for adding your vote to this feature request @pudgysshop! We'll keep you updated via this thread once we have news to share. 

Message 9 of 9