x

OpenCart: PAYMENTS_WRITE error on checkout

Getting this error when someone checks out with Square on my Opencart site.  It's a new site and Square Extension was just enabled.  Everything seems ok in the Square account- bank is verified.   I've tried reconnecting.  Here's the entry from the log file:

2019-01-23 19:26:32 - SQUAREUP RESULT: {"errors":[{"category":"AUTHENTICATION_ERROR","code":"INSUFFICIENT_SCOPES","detail":"The merchant has not given your application sufficient permissions to do that. The merchant must authorize your application for the following scopes: PAYMENTS_WRITE"}]}
2019-01-23 19:26:32 - The merchant has not given your application sufficient permissions to do that. The merchant must authorize your application for the following scopes: PAYMENTS_WRITE

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @wcalkins,

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Thanks for surfacing this. I don't have the answer for this on hand right now but I'll run this by our API folks for a closer look. 

Also, wanted to put in a quick plug for Square Connect's Stack Overflow page. It's been a great resource for our developer community, and there's already a ton of questions that have been answered there.

We'll be back as soon as we have more insight for you.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Update:

We were able to review the error you've been encountering and it looks like you'll need to touch base with OpenCart. If you're still running into this issue, please check in with them to ensure that the proper API credentials have been applied.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Please don't hesitate to let us know if any other questions remain. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 3