x

POS No Longer Notifies Of Online Orders

We contacted square about a week or 2 ago on the issues of our clients not receiving tracking # when we submit them through our POS system. (Still not receiving them btw) We were told though that they didn't understand why the system was prompting us to input the information in the first place. So, now it seems it's been removed all together but I don't have any way of receiving notifications of online orders unless I just consistently log into the dashboard. The IPad used to ding with a notification saying you have a new order "view now or view later" and it no longer does that. Anyone else seeing this issue and if it's something they're working on Square can you let us know if they're planning on putting that back on because not having it connected to the system is not convenient. The reason we connected ours was so it would all be integrated to be the same system.

So, I guess my questions are:
1) Is this a temporary issue because they're working on fixing it?
2) And can someone please instruct us on what needs to be done to send our tracking #s over to our clients please? Entering them on the dashboard still doesn't seem to be helping and one of your agents told me the advanced team said we had to have a specific plan in order to use that feature. If that's true can you let us know what plan that is please?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you for bringing this up, @DTC84.

It looks like this is a known bug that our team is working on. Hopefully it will be resolved soon so you can mark orders shipped through the Point of Sale app and send tracking information at the same time. If you do this through browser on your mobile device or desktop/laptop computer then it will send tracking info.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you for bringing this up, @DTC84.

It looks like this is a known bug that our team is working on. Hopefully it will be resolved soon so you can mark orders shipped through the Point of Sale app and send tracking information at the same time. If you do this through browser on your mobile device or desktop/laptop computer then it will send tracking info.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 5

@AdamB thank you for following up with me! The system did start notifying us again of orders next day actually. Im still uncertain if our clients are receiving their tracking #s at this point though. May have to follow back up later if not. Appreciate your assistance however! 🙂

Message 3 of 5

I'm also having an issue with the POS not notifying if an online order has come in.  It's a real pain because it's hard to know when orders are coming, and there is delay when order emails come in as well  As a result, I've missed a number of customer's orders and find out about the order when they have arrived.

With the ding and the "view now or view later" box, which the POS had before, it was very convenient and gives me time to prepare orders.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @pacbaycoffee👋

It seems that you may be experiencing a bug in our system. 

We recommend checking to make sure that both your app and your mobile device itself are up-to-date. If everything looks good there, you'll want to reach out.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our support team can dig in with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5