x

Is there a POS system for a larger store (PC Emulation)?

Hello!

So the issue I have been running into as of late is how long it takes to send out customer invoices and adding customers to our sales system directly through the iPad. It just wasn't build to handle a ton of invoices being sent out at once (we are a medical equipment store and insurance billing happens every day causing dozens of invoices needing to be sent out through email) and the employees are spending to much time having to type using the iPad. 

Is there a system out there, through Square, that maybe has a keyboard AND screen so that employees and can hammer out invoices as quickly as they would on a PC. Only reason we do not let employees use the Terminal version on PC is that is has access to banking information/all transactions/etc.

TL;DR: I need to emulate the "PC Exerience" but only using the Square App and not the browser based version.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Couple of things you can do. 

1. Get a bluetooth keyboard for the iPad.  There are many on the market. Apple makes on that works great.

2. you can give your employees limited permissions to the dashboard so they can send out invoices and not be able to do or see anything else.  ("Manage and Create Invoices" and "Use Customer Directory and Feedback" is all you need to turn on in the "Dashboard access to allow them to do it on a PC via a web browser.)

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Couple of things you can do. 

1. Get a bluetooth keyboard for the iPad.  There are many on the market. Apple makes on that works great.

2. you can give your employees limited permissions to the dashboard so they can send out invoices and not be able to do or see anything else.  ("Manage and Create Invoices" and "Use Customer Directory and Feedback" is all you need to turn on in the "Dashboard access to allow them to do it on a PC via a web browser.)

Message 2 of 7

How do I limit what the employees can see on the webview? That would be best. I just want them to be able to logon and send invoices/add customers.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

In your dashboard go to Employees / Permissions (note this is part of Employee Management so each employee will be $5.00/month). Under the section labeled "Access Dashboard" turn it on and check the option needed.  Here is a screen shot of the minumum you will need checked to do what you want.   Also note they will have to login with an email account so when you do this it will send them a link to set up access. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 1.55.29 PM.png

Message 4 of 7

I need everything 

Message 5 of 7

I would like to speak to someone live 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @Nicepieces, welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for your interest. 

I'd be happy to help, here are some resources to help get you started: 

Hardware FAQ

Point of Sale FAQ 

Let me know if you have any questions here or you can find our phone/messaging details here. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 7 of 7