x

PTA Gift Auction

Hi All,

I'm on the board of an elementary school PTA and we just signed up for a Square account. We have our annual fundraiser event Saturday and want to sell admission tickets and gift auction tickets (people can buy tickets and put them in the basket they want to win). The prices will be $50, $100 or $200.

Has anyone had any experience with using Square for this type of event? I've read a lot of reviews saying payments are often held if there is unusual activity, and i'm nervous that we will be flagged since this will be our first time using it, and we could potentially have a few thousand dollars in sales. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Not sure anyone can say for sure, but I would think that they would have to have something to compare to so they could define "unusual activity."  

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

Hi @khope - Thanks for reaching out here! The prices of your items shouldn't cause too much concern. Usually, if an account doesn't have a history of accepting large payments then the Account Services team may ask for more information about the transactions to verify that they are legitimate. Once verified, the funds will deposit according to normal schedule.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 4

Hi @khope 

I hope your event went well and that you didn't have any funds held. I'd be curious if you did because we work with organizations across the country holding fundraising events and auctions with Bidstation, a Square partner app. None have reported any holds even when they are new accounts so I think reports you've seen might be from the past. 

- John

Need help with a fundraising auction? Ask me!
Message 4 of 4