x

Partial Invoice Payment on Mobile App (Dipped Chip)

Hello,
I tried searching for an answer and previous thread on this, but was not able to find anything, at least current in regard to this issue.

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for implementing the payment schedule (payment milestones) feature to invoices.  I believe it is something that many business needed, including my own.  Great job on that!

Now, I see that you are able to add a partial payment to the invoices via the dashboard and the system actually defaults to the scheduled payment pending automatically.  

My issue is that I do not see the same option available on the mobile invoices app.  It automatically defaults to the full amount of the invoice and does not allow me to pay the deposit or "milestone" payments.  I don't know if I'm missing something or if it's just a feature that has not been implemented yet.  (If there is a beta for it on iOS I would like to sign up.)

Since I had seen the feature available on the dashboard,  I thought I would be able to do it with the mobile app and found myself fumbling in front of a client today trying to make it happen with the Square card reader.  I ended up having to just run the payment as a regular transaction, which brings me to the next issue.  I can go back and "Add Payment" to that invoice, but the option to reference that transaction as a payment is "greyed" out.  If I choose "Other" as the add payment option then I believe I would be receiving the payment twice as far as reporting/accounting is concerned.

It would be great to:
a) Accept the partial payment in the Invoices app with the dipped chip (more secure and less cost for us)

b) If we do accept the payment "on the go" as a regular transaction, be able to come back and "marry" the "Add Payment" with that particular transaction.

Please advise if I'm doing something incorrectly or if it is something that has yet to be implemented.  Thank you so much for your time and thank you for continuously striving to make Square better for us.  We truly appreciate it!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @aroque!

First off- I'm really glad to hear you're excited about the improvements we've been making to Invoices and the ability to request deposits on them! We've made these improvements based off seller feedback so it's because of our seller's posts that it came to be.

I did some digging and the feature you're looking for to pay the rest of the invoice in person is only in beta for Android at this time.

I'm sure it'll become available for iOS eventually too so I would keep an eye out on the Community posts for beta testing and also to join our beta testing group

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2