x
Alumni

Pass the Mic: Meet Jackie ‌🎤

Pass the mic.jpg

Hey Community!! Back at it again 🙌. This time we focus on Jackie, owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique. Check out what she has to say...

Jackie1.jpegWhat’s the toughest part about starting a business? 

For me, the toughest part about starting my business was that my family was transient. My husband is active duty military, so we never stayed anywhere longer than three years. In 2013 we moved to Fairbanks, Alaska, where the fashion options were limited. After living there for two years, I saw an opportunity to bring the fashions lacking to the military and local communities around me. With the support of family and friends, Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique, LLC was born. 

What’s the proudest moment in your career so far? 

My proudest moment as a business owner was opening my first storefront location on June 12th, 2021, six years after my family and I began this journey. I'm so proud to now have a space that inspires people and encourages them to express their uniqueness fearlessly with the world through fashion. 

How do you market to your customers? 

I market to my customers through Facebook, Instagram, e-mail campaigns, text marketing, pop-up shops, planned events, etc. I feel it's pertinent to bring visibility to your brand through all channels. If people don't see you, how will they shop with you? 

www.facebook.com/jackiesuniquelyuboutique

What advice can you offer to budding entrepreneurs? 

My advice for budding entrepreneurs is to always stay laser-focused on their goals and never give up. You can do anything you set your mind to as long as you trust your vision and put in the hard work. It's not gonna be easy, but it's worth the sacrifice.

Jackie4-logo.png

Jackie3.jpeg

Jackie5.jpeg

Jackie2.jpeg

Thanks for lending your voice @JUYBoutique20. Join Uplifted Voices to read more stories like this.

Comment below on how you market to your customers. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Thanks so much Justin for giving me a space to share my journey with other business owners.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 2 of 11
Alumni

Absolutely!! You earned that space 🖤

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 11
Admin

Thank you for sharing your insights, @JUYBoutique20! My parents were both in the military for more than 20 years, and I know what it's like picking up and moving every few years. It makes me really happy to see that you've been so successful!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 11
Super Seller

Thanks so much and I thank you and your family for your service.  It's definitely a journey but I wouldn't change it for anything.  As you know the military community is one of the best families to be apart of.  I've made friends I never would have met and I've been places I never would have been.    

Jacqueline
Message 5 of 11
Admin

Thank you and your family, too! And so true! 🙌

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 6 of 11
Admin

@JUYBoutique20  That yellow dress is EVERYTHING! 💛Congrats on your new space!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 11
Super Seller

Thanks so much luv....That dress is available for purchase at https://www.jackiesuniquelyuboutique.com and it comes in black, orange, and yellow.

Jacqueline
Message 8 of 11

@JUYBoutique20 Your shop looks so familiar, like I've been there before. Your jewelry and clothing  is so beautiful, and unique.  I sell clothes also. Please check it out. https://team-bryant-clothing-line.square.site/ 👍

Message 9 of 11
Super Seller

If you're in Alaska then it's definitely possible....

Jacqueline
Message 10 of 11

No I'm in Florida. Its just your looks so familiar literally. It looks like a store that I used to shop at, in the mall..

Message 11 of 11