x

Pay-What-You-Can Invoice feature?

Is there a way for a customer to choose how much to pay towards an invoice; for Deposit Requests you must enter an amount or percentage in order to send the Invoice to your customer. And for payment plans there is a $ or % amount feature.  However, in the times we find ourselves in due to Covid-19, I have customers asking to make partial payments.  This is definitely where a pay-what-you-can feature would be useful!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @beachgirl888,

There isn't a way to allow the customer to choose how much they pay with an invoice at this time.

I see how that would be useful especially during these tough times but it's not something we currently offer.

I'll pass your suggestion up to our Invoices team. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I would just love a box that I can click to allow partial payments on an invoice. No deposit date no set amounts, just 'allow partial payments' so that clients can access and pay on whatever schedule works for them.  

The current deposit system probably works great for some folks but it's burdensome for my business. 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Katriel and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread for this feature request.

If it ever does become available- we'll be sure to update the thread!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I too need this

USPTA Certified Tennis Coach and Tennis Racket Stringing in New York and Staten Island. https://beststringing.com
Message 5 of 6

I switched our billing to PayPal because they allow this but would really prefer to come back to Square.  We take payments in the office using square, so it means using two separate systems.  I would be far easier to use the same system for all of our payments. Please consider adding this feature.  PayPal allows me to indicate a minimum payment they must make, but the customer can choose to pay more.

Message 6 of 6