x

Payment Dispute

If I choose to return payment to a customer who has disputed the payment (as opposed to fighting it), is the money clawed back from my bank account if my Square balance is currently empty or will it make my Square balance negative until I process another transaction? 

Also, will this negatively affect my relationship or ability to process payments with Square? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

if you don't dispute the charge it will come out of your bank account.

you will still be able to process cards, some people choose not to fight as there is a chance it will be settled in the credit card users side even with evidence of purchase and why waste the time digging up records and such for some of the smaller transactions.  I would fight it personally but each business can make its own decision.

Message 2 of 3

not true, i had a customer dispute a charge, i had 100% proof that they owed it and instead of taking it out of my bank account, they took it out of a deposit which is ridiculous !! they should have to deduct it out of your bank account for tax purposes, but instead do it the shady way.  this company does nothing to protect you! I have the federal bureau of investigations looking into the scam that happened to me and see this company has done it to hundreds of customers and square did nothing when i had proof the customer ordered it, had a credit card authorization form signed, had a bill of laiding signed by the customer stating they received the product, spoke with the manager of the dealership[ stating that they did put my engine in the customers car and had proof of everything and square did nothing to protect me. going to different credit card company.

Message 3 of 3