x

Payment

My client called to pay thier remaining balance of $5800 but I keep getting a declined message. My client did told me last payment was category as jewelry and fashion and we are a media company. I dont understand why the her invoice but me under Jewelry. Do you think that has something to do with the problem? And how can I fix my category?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @tbd1, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! 

Typically Square will only decline a payment if the credit card information doesn't match what the issuer has on file. In most cases the decline comes from the customers bank. The bank will be able to tell the customer why their card declined. 

Some cards do have Merchant Category Code restrictions, but if you've already processed a payment from them I don't see why it would decline for that reason now. Our Customer Success Team can help you update your Merchant Category Code if it doesn't accurately describe your business. 

Message 2 of 3

hi Chad,

I tried to put the credit card manually, but my app doesn't show the correct one.

I click more --> setting --> checkout --> payment --> manual credit card entry. 

the problem is that right next manual credit card entry shows "x", so I can't go through.

Please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks,

Eunju Bang

Message 3 of 3