x

Payout receipts and reports

I have searched the forum and see some old threads about this, yet none were answered. I am starting a new thread in hopes it will get the ball rolling on this extremely important and easy to do feature.

When we need to do a cash payout from the register, we need an option to have a receipt printout for the transaction. I would love to be able to run a report for all the payouts done in a given time period 

We recently got new accounts and they are having me going through every single day and make an Excel spreadsheet that reflects every single transaction. This is extremely tedious and time consuming. 

Please make this an option. I am seriously considering switching to another system, since most others have this feature.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Tredwellcoffee

Thanks for your post. I can see how this has been a frustrating process for you. 

I know it's not exportable, but have you been to the Reports Section of your online Square Dashboard and selected Cash Drawers and added the columns to view Paid In/Out?

From there you can see all that was paid in and out in a given time period. I'm sorry it's not exportable, but we're working hard to make more of our reports that are generated in the Online Dashboard exportable. We will post an update on our Community for this feature when we have one, as it is requested often.

We don't currently have a way to print out a Paid In or Paid Out slip/receipt. This is a great suggestion though, and one we've seen before. I don't have a timeline for when that will be available, but we will also announce when it is. Sorry about these limitations, we do appreciate your patience.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4

New to Square.  I entered multiple payouts for tips over three days.  Cash drawer balanced perfectly, but 4 of the payouts I entered were not reflected on the final cash drawer report.  Those missing payouts reflected the minute that I entered them but did not reflect on the final.  Again, the cash drawer balanced so wondering.  Luckily I wrote each payout down on our weekly closing sheet or I would've never remembered these tips payouts when reporting payroll.

Any tips for this?  Also, it would be great if a slip printed each time a payout or pay in was entered especially for record keeping purposes.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Thanks for posting @hullstrace!

Currently, printing payout slips is not available. Only one cash drawer prints when you close the drawer, but I can see how this would be useful for your biz and makes reconciling your drawer easier. For now, I've passed your post over to this thread for tracking where another seller asked for the same things. 

As for the missing payouts, that shouldn't be happening. I'd reach out to our CS Team so they can have Engineering take a closer look. Be sure to provide them the payout totals you manually wrote down so they know what to look for. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4