x

Pin number

Today I wanted to use my chip reader got through all the steps but when I got to the enter pin number and press OK I could not push buttons 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Bro86,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble processing a payment.

What sort of device (make and model) are you using when trying to process payments? Has this issue been occuring since you began using Square, or has it only started happening recently?

We'd see this sort of issue most frequently on Android devices that are either:

- Not supported / tested as compatible with Square.

- Have other apps that interfere with Square's ability to securely use the touch screen.

For the former, you can check device compatibility at https://squareup.com/au/compatibility.

For the latter, you may have an app on your Android device that is causing a conflict with our ability to securely use the touch screen. You can look into screen overlay settings on your device to see which apps use this feature. While multiple apps may use screen overlay features, it probably won't be obvious which app may be causing the issue, so we recommend turning off screen overlay on any app that uses it.

This won't prevent you from using those apps, it will just stop them possibly interferring with the the device's screen while other apps are in use. While turning these options off differs from device to device, having a look at this S7 guide or S8 guide should hopefully point you in the right direction! 

Let me know if you have any follow up questions, or if you're seeing this issue on an iOS device.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2