x

Plastic iPhone covers that are disposable and allow signatures on iPhone 8us

I run my Square on an iPhone 8 Plus. In the past, clients signed the signature screen. I’m hoping to be allowed to reopen in July so gearing up for infection control of my phone!! Has anyone seen any plastic screen covers that I can collect a signature then throw away the plastic. Other than that I think I just won’t ask for signatures.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

I think that turning off signatures would be the best route. Not only would that be a lot of wasted plastic, I'm sure the additional time spent applying and removing the covers would add up! I personally do not ask for signatures and just make sure to let my customers know that they're good to go. I've never had any issues or skepticism regarding the matter.

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hi. It's your lucky day. Your Customers don't have to sign the same screen. We're an official Square Partner Company and have mastered digital signatures (with the simple stroke of your finger). 

We specialize in creating affordable, custom mobile apps powered by Square and we built-in a digital signature feature where the Customer can order and sign ahead of time or right there.

You can test it out yourself in our "demo" app called Pre-Order in the App Store. Just click the "Order Now" button, add an item to your cart and go through the checkout process (you don't have to actually buy anything)... and just before you get to the payment screen, you'll see the signature feature. 

You won't be disappointed. We're the hardest working little US-based Technology company in the world!

Pre-Order on the App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pre-order-skip-the-line-app/id1437725489?ls=1

- Ken

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 3 of 5

You can still use them for your next iPhone smart phone. Or if you still want to dispose of then do it properly. You can get help from this blog.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hi Jaw1,

Save your money - prior to EMV technology, signing a receipt was the standard for authenticating a credit card purchase.  As of June 2021, Visa, Discover, Mastercard and American Express eliminated customer signatures on all credit card purchases.  This applies to both US and Canada.  Note, you still have the option of requiring your customers to sign however, it's a moot point with the Credit Card Providers.   If you are still using a magstripe reader, consider going with Square’s contactless and chip reader - most cards now have the chip anyway.  This method reduces your liability.

jk

Message 5 of 5