x
Beta Member

Points on Square Card?

I would like to see them start given us points on our cards.  I spend over 100,000 a year on it.  I really think, like most other cards this would make me use it more then i do now. 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @JesseJames !

Yup! If there were rewards points given to all the Square Card users, I think we'd end up bankrupting Square. 😉

The challenge is this: with all the major rewards points cards in the wild right now, usually it's the merchants that end up getting stuck with the higher fees on the cc swipes. With Square, we don't see variable fees depending on the cards that come in our doors. So in a way, Square is giving us cash back/points just by absorbing the higher swipe fees instead of passing them onto us.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @JesseJames !

Yup! If there were rewards points given to all the Square Card users, I think we'd end up bankrupting Square. 😉

The challenge is this: with all the major rewards points cards in the wild right now, usually it's the merchants that end up getting stuck with the higher fees on the cc swipes. With Square, we don't see variable fees depending on the cards that come in our doors. So in a way, Square is giving us cash back/points just by absorbing the higher swipe fees instead of passing them onto us.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JesseJames,

To add onto what @ryanwanner said, the Square Card isn't a credit card. It's a debit card that is loaded with funds you make processing sales with us.

Debit cards typically don't offer points or anything like that for using your own money sadly.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Thats incorrect.  All My cards do that, Including the company I wont mention.   I guess from a customer service point.  We are not on the same page at all.  Thats fine though.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

HMMMM , paypal is the same thing...and you get points?   So where are we when other do give points?  That mime the square card.

Message 5 of 5