x
Beta Member

Possible Square Retail App Updates

Hello, I love the new updates to the Square Retail app. Super useful. I would love to suggest some things though that I think could help

1. Be able to save a cart once a Shipping or Pickup fulfillment is added. Right now that option is grayed out.

2. Have the option to add a default shipping price when creating an order and adding a Shipment fulfillment type

3. When a customer has placed a pickup order or you have placed one for them on the app they get a QR code in there order confirmation email so that you can scan it to open the order faster.  

I would really love these features and think that they would really help with time-saving. Thank you so much.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

These are some great suggestions. I run a 100% Square Seller owned partner company that specializes in creating custom solutions for Square businesses.

#2 and #3 we can do easily. We can essentially put these features in the background, so they connect to your Square Account via Square's API and then just work automatically (in the background).

For #1, it sounds like the Open Ticket trick might help you, but I could be wrong. We do have a couple of features in our 2 main Square-powered solutions where we can do this easily also.

We already features that allow Customers (and the Business Owner) to:

- Save orders - viewable on a My Orders or Orders Queue page

- Re-order button - adds it to the Cart

- Make Now button - pushes it through to our Custom Fulfillment KDS

- etc.

Let me know if you're interested in getting any of those features now vs waiting for Square to add them (which they may or may not)!

Thanks!

https://getpreorder.com/square-pos

Ken

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @lukejj 👋 Good to hear from you again.

We are so appreciative that you took the time to bounce your ideas here on the Seller Community! These are great improvements, especially your use of the QR code. I am tagging our Retail Product Teams here for visibility. Hopefully we will be able to take action on these features and update you here on this thread if/when completed.

Thanks so much, again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply @Joe 

Thanks for sending over the suggestions/improvements over to the Retail team. Yea the QR would be a nice feature sp that there is a fast and accurate way to open and mark an order as picked up, so I hope they take the suggestions into consideration. And maybe implement them soon 🙂 Have a great day. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks again, @lukejj! Have a great day, as well!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5