x

Practical alternatives to square for digital?

So square has it set up to sell digital but no means to facilitate sending the product to the customer (huge over sight dev team). What other services have people found that provide this basic functionality in this day and age?

With this being said. Seriously square, I came here cause other people in my line of work recomended it. But ALL industries are changing. And it would be fulfilling a huge market need if as a client I could download pdfs. Mp3s. Wav. Or obj, stl files as 3d printing is growing, and the customers were sent a link or file from square. I'd just suggest get with and a head of the times or get left behind. I know too many decent sized businesses that have left here in need of a modern service. You do you though.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@Doubleagent626 I read your post and have to admit that, initially, I thought “that can’t be right.”  So I started doing some searches in Square Help and on this board.  Long story short, I learned pretty quickly that “that CAN be right.”  One thread, starting in 2020 and still active indicates that Square is aware of this deficiency but still does not have anything more than a passive solution.  

HOWEVER….. I might have a solution for you.  It was hinted at somewhere in a thread and when I checked it out it looks promising.  You can go to the Square App Marketplace and find an app called Woomarketplace.  This app will connect to your Square account and provide you with lots of functionality, including (it seems) robust digital downloads options.  I’d recommend that you check them out on their website.  Google “Woomarketplace digital downloads” and you’ll see results that link to the spot on their website that should give you the information you need.

This solution, though not completely Square, seems to be able to give you the functionality you (and others) need with less effort than moving to another platform completely.  At least you can keep your existing Square functionality while adding the additional functionality offered by Woocommerce.  It’s not a bad option, and it is the purpose of the App Marketplace — to extend what your Square account can do.  And it meets your request for a “practical alternative” that doesn’t require you to completely abandon your Square investment.

I hope that helps.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 4

Will look into it thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

You’re welcome.  Please let me know if it meets your needs.  I’m as curios as you are, and I hope that it does.  If it doesn’t, I can do some more research.  That’s why we are here, after all.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 4