x
Beta Member

Problems importing item library

I am having problems importing an item library, the import process starts, but after an hour I get a message saying "there was an error connecting to the server"

I have tried calling customer service but after 6 phone calls and now 7 business days of waiting the only answer I can get is "our engineering team is working on it"

I have tried multiple broswers, multiple computers and multiple operating systems.

I have cleared my cache.

Help please.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Sounds like the import is timing out. Are you trying to upload a large inventory? 

@nkace

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

No Iโ€™m not.   It is only 467 lines 

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Okay, reach out to CS so they can try on their end. If they're successful, then the issue must be your device or browser type/version. 

@nkace

Justin
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

I have reached out to them.    Multiple times now.    The only answer I get is โ€œengineering is working on itโ€.   They have been working on it for 9 business days now 

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Okay, you actually have more than 467 items in your library looking at the ticket that was filed, which is why Dashboard is taking a minute to update your inventory. 

Are you trying to replace your current library with those 467 items or add them to your existing library? 

@nkace

Justin
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I am trying to replace my existing library with the 467

Message 7 of 9
Alumni

Okay, I'll let them know. Hopefully this speeds up the process. I believe they have the CSV file you want to import.

To get updates on your case's movement, reach out to CS so an advocate can fill you in on the details. 

@nkace

Justin
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Thank you very much

When I do call CS the only answer I get is โ€œengineering is working on itโ€.    I have never been able to get more details than that.    

Last time I called I asked to speak with a manager/supervisor.   They were unwilling to speak with me.  

Message 9 of 9