x

Processing fees

Am I the only one who thinks the processing fees should be reduced if I have a more secure scanning method like the chip reader are contactless reader they're they're making a big deal about it being secure but they're still charging $0.03 on every dollar that doesn't seem fair to me because of security is for them. Does anybody else feel the same way.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hey, I'll never argue over getting lower rates but as someone who has used other processors like Worldpay, Square is still a pretty good deal.  If you look strictly at the processing fee it is still lower than other processors because Square doesn't have any hidden costs that drive up the actual rate.  My per card processing rate was lower with Worldpay but all the other junk fees (membership fees, PCI compliance fees, etc.) it was actually higher in the end.  Square eliminates all that nonsense so you know exactly what the fee will be.

Add to that the value of a free POS, Invoicing and Estimates it's a pretty good deal.  The only other thing I pay Square for is Marketing and that's pretty affordable.  No, I'm not a shill for Square.  Yes, I have some complaints too.  I just know that after dropping Worldpay I'm saving money and getting much more back in features

Message 2 of 2