x

Product Update: Square Invoices now syncs with Square Inventory

I’m happy to announce yet another update for Square’s Inventory management system. Every item sold through your Square Invoices can now be tracked by Square Inventory! No more keeping two record sheets for what you sell in store and what you sell through your invoices, all of your inventory will live in one place and it’s a breeze to set up!

To get started, make sure you have Inventory Management enabled on your account, then head over to the Items tab of your Square Dashboard:

• Click the Settings button in the upper right hand corner of your Items page.
  • Toggle on Enable Inventory Management for Invoices.
  • Click Save.

Once you’ve enabled Inventory Management for Invoices, your items will be tracked automatically! Thanks again for your feedback on the need for this feature, and let us know if you have any questions or comments!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

I followed the steps to enable sync of invoices and square inventory. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I currently have an invoice that was paid but my inventory reports that it still in stock. am I missing a step?

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hey @mcbcarmen! 🌟

We were experiencing an internal error mid-last week that you may have been impacted by. The error was that inventory was not being reduced after purchases. It has since resolved itself. 

Are you still seeing this issue? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I haven't seen the issue again. However I had to manually update some items from before that still showed the wrong quantities.

Message 4 of 4