x

Products - where can I add private notes?

We use the Square register in our bricks & mortar store. We have over 350 products & currently the only place to note wholesale price, margins etc is in the ‘product description’ box.

We’ve just linked our dashboard to an instant Ecwid online store & transferred our product inventory - the problem now is this private info will clearly be displayed within each product description for all to see.

Has anyone found a place within the dashboard to make private notes that can be quickly & easily accessed?

SQUARE team - I think this would be a highly useful feature to consider. It could also be used to track margins etc etc

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Perch2014,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At the moment it's not possible to record private notes on items with Square - the item description is intended to be public, and generally appears on an itemized receipt or invoice as well.

Square isn't specifically designed to track things like profit margin and cost vs sale price, you may find some of the 3rd party apps that link with Square useful in this regard. Happy to pass on your feedback, and I can see how these features would be useful to how you run your business with Square - though I can't make any guarantees as to if an when features like this would be available via Square.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2